Nice or Eze..... help

cruisingallover

I was ready to go to Eze from Cannes but friends recommended Nice? Is it easier to get to by train? How long does it take and what is there to see and or do?

Hi, it is me, chubbypiggy from your roll call. We plan to go to Nice also. From my readings, it is very easy to get there by train. Train station very close to our port. Train time is about 30 minutes, and the cost is 4 euro. I plan to go to the Flower market, Old Town,etc.

I was ready to go to Eze from Cannes but friends recommended Nice? Is it easier to get to by train? How long does it take and what is there to see and or do?

Check out the postings on this board...you will find a waelth of info!!!!

For what it is worth (very subjective depending on who you talk to) I have been to both, and would chose the village of Eze over Nice in a heartbeat. The quaint village is a bit of a workout as it is all uphill (cobblestones) but, the artisan shops and quaint little bistros are what I pictured France to be and I was not disappointed. Nice holds it's own ambiance but give the opportunity to chose only one, my choice would be Eze everytime....

anniversary/grad trip did you take the train and bus to Eze

which is easier and shorter to get to

Looks like we are both from the same neck of the woods...lol....I am actually from Ajax. We took a fantastic tour with Catherine from Prestige tours. She is very knowlegable and you can customize your tour depending on your interests. We booked a 5 hour tour (her half day tour) and we were able to see Monaco, Eze and Nice as well as have time afterwards in Villefranche on our own. Good luck in planning, and feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are going again in 2 weeks and can't wait....planning is half the fun...

Looks like we are both from the same neck of the woods...lol....I am actually from Ajax. We took a fantastic tour with Catherine from Prestige tours. She is very knowlegable and you can customize your tour depending on your interests. We booked a 5 hour tour (her half day tour) and we were able to see Monaco, Eze and Nice as well as have time afterwards in Villefranche on our own. Good luck in planning, and feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are going again in 2 weeks and can't wait....planning is half the fun...

Is Prestige Tours the same as Riviera Prestige Tours?

Hi Canuck...hehehe

Do you remember how much that half day tour cost? We usually are DIY type people.

Hi Canuck...hehehe

Do you remember how much that half day tour cost? We usually are DIY type people.

The half day tour was 275 euros (for 5 hours) plus gratuity. A pretty good price IMHO, and there were 6 of us very comfortable in her van. If you are sharing the cost, all the better. The convenience and knowledge Catherine afforded us was well worth every penny.

Archived