Announcements - way to turn volume down?

shines57

we are light sleepers and on our last cruise, I was soooo annoyed when the lovely CD would come over the speakers at 8am (sometimes earlier) or so announcing something...is there anyway to either turn off the speakers in your room or turn down the volume??

we are light sleepers and on our last cruise, I was soooo annoyed when the lovely CD would come over the speakers at 8am (sometimes earlier) or so announcing something...is there anyway to either turn off the speakers in your room or turn down the volume??

Still sleeping at 8am?:confused:

I don't remember hearing anything in our cabin for announcements. I was always opening the door to hear them from the hallway. Maybe we have been lucky and someone had already turned the volume down. I do know if it is an emergency you will hear it in your cabin.

Are you sure you weren't hearing it from the hallway?

If not I seem to remember a volume control near the headboard.

The announcements are coming from the Hall. Only emergency announcements are IN your room and you should be listening to those. John Heald addressed this on his blog a few weeks ago. I also had to open my door to hear announcements clearly.

So no- there is no way to turn down the announcements in the hallway for you.

Our experience was that the announcements were out in the hallway hence I'm usually the one at the open door saying to hubby "honey, did you hear what they said?" Most of the time it was unintelligible which is scary if it had been life or death.:eek:

Most of the time it was unintelligible which is scary if it had been life or death.:eek:

The life and death stuff is announced in the cabins. ;) So for the Safety Briefing or whatever they call it now it will be announced over the speakers in the cabin. All the activities fluff announcements are just in the hallway.

The life and death stuff is announced in the cabins. ;) So for the Safety Briefing or whatever they call it now it will be announced over the speakers in the cabin. All the activities fluff announcements are just in the hallway.

Thanks, good to know. Hope we don't ever get an in-cabin announcement.

Archived