*3 Star Priceline Vanvouver

DougH

I'm looking at an inexpensive downtown hotel (around $50 range)for a 2 night precruise stay in May. Several years ago I won the Crown Plaza Hotel Georgia thru Priceline and loved the location. The Rennaissance would also be acceptable.

Ny question is there are two other *3 star hotels that are not near Canada Place but are still considered downtown. Any suggetions on how I can feel safe that I'd get one of the ones I want? My only guess is to wait a bit more and see if anyone else bids for the same time frame and quality and see what is being accepted. Any thoughts?

I just booked 3 rooms 2 days ago for May 14 on Priceline. We asked for a 4 star hotel and got the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver for $70. We started at 50, rebid at 60 and rebid again at $70. It sound like this hotel is close to the Harbor, as they have a harbor view. I hope that it is nice and mets our needs.

-Vickie

Don't know your exact dates...but I would doubt you will get a 4* on Priceline or Hotwire for around $50...I would guess it would be more like $65 or 70. The problem with those 3* in the DT Vancouver zone is those 2 that are so far out...both of them have been reported as recieved on Priceline bids in the last 6 months on several occasions. The Renaissance comes up more often but the Crowne Plaza and the other 2 you are not interested in are still coming up fairly regularly.... so I think it would be quite a gamble since there is no way on Priceline to avoid/eliminate them.

You might try plugging your exact dates in on Hotwire and see what they come up with....they have their DT zones divided (you would most likely want DT West) so you have a little more control over what you get. If something shows up in your zone and in your price range you can write down the listed amenities and go to www.betterbidding.com and check out the pinned hotels list for Hotwire in Canada and you might be able to see exactly what they are offering.

Otherwise you might want to look at locations for 2 1/2* places in DT Vancouver at the bidding for travel site and see if they would meet your needs, because you might get lucky and get the Renaissance or Crowne Plaza, but I think there is a very real chance one of the other 2 places would also turn up. How lucky do you feel??!!!

Archived