Wings over Kauai - would this work for half day in Kauai on POA?

LovetoTravel82

I leave for Hawaii this Thursday and I am very excited! I am still doing some last minute planning. I read in one of the reviews that someone did the Wings over Kauai tour and really enjoyed it. I am wondering if this would work out time wise for the half day in Kauai (aboard POA)? Has anyone done this? Also, I would appreciate any thoughts on how this tour in a small plane might compare to a helicopter tour. This is priced considerably lower than any of the helicopter tours I had found.

Thanks for any insights!!

Brandy

I leave for Hawaii this Thursday and I am very excited! I am still doing some last minute planning. I read in one of the reviews that someone did the Wings over Kauai tour and really enjoyed it. I am wondering if this would work out time wise for the half day in Kauai (aboard POA)? Has anyone done this? Also, I would appreciate any thoughts on how this tour in a small plane might compare to a helicopter tour. This is priced considerably lower than any of the helicopter tours I had found.

Brandy

We're doing Wings over Kauai on day 2 in Kauai (we will also be on POA) and the time line works out great. They are picking us up at 9 am and will have us back to the dock by 11 am. I've been very happy with my correspondance with them via email so far as they are extremely friendly and accomodating.

We booked this for our stop in Kauai in September. It gets great reviews on TripAdvisor and is much less than helicopter. Ellen ("Wings") told us we should do the 9:00 am flight, would be done by noon at the latest, and if we had a rental car we would have time to drive to the canyon, or there is a beach across from the airport. Also, if it is rainy, they do not go, so we do not pay until the flight. They would pick us up at ship and return us to the ship. we are really looking forward to it. They were very prompt and professional in all contacts. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Brandy

Assuming your ship leaves at 2pm and you have to be on board at 1:30pm, it would depend on what TIME your tour is. If your tour is at 9am, you'll have tons of time. If your tour is at 11:30, you might be a little nervous even though it's likely to be over by 12:30. If your plane tour is early enough go for it. It's not like it's a half day tour. I checked their site and I would simply call them and ask what time you could get a tour.

Thanks for all of the responses. I just called and confirmed they have availability early enough on the second day I will be in Kauai for me to do this tour. So, now I think I need to change my day 1 Kauai plans. We will have a rental car and were planning to drive to Waimea Canyon (it is a priority for me to see the canyon; however, I think seeing it on the flight will be enough to satisfy me and I don't think I need to drive there anymore). Any suggestions on day 1 Kauai plans? I haven't really researched any other options as I thought Waimea Canyon then stopping at a beach on the way back would take up my whole day.

Thanks,

Brandy

Any suggestions on day 1 Kauai

Not knowing your interests it's hard to suggest much.

Might get some ideas from: http://www.gohawaii.com/kauai

This lady does a good job: http://www.trykauai.com/

If you want a beach that's pretty close there's Poipu Beach Park near Koloa, Salt Pond Beach Park a little further away in same direction. You could drive up the east coast and around to the north side, ends at Ke'e beach & start of Kalalau Trail.

Beauty can be deadly, be careful with some of the beaches' currents etc, this is old but I'm sure the bad spots haven't changed much: http://www.teok.com/Drownings/drownings.html

Then there's the ATV rides, tubing trips, horse riding, movie site trips not to forget the inevitable ziplines, I'm sure NCL offers at least some of these.

Have a great trip:)

Archived