Oceania Jan 6 2006 Hong Kong - Singapore

Nana4x

Hello,

Hubby is due to retire in May. :) We are doing a spa in Mexico in June and want to cruise Asia at the end of the year.

We are new to cruising - read many of your posts.

Called a cruise ship booking agent and got a quote which included air fare.

The quoted price was about $1,000 more then the flyer we received in the mail. Sounds good as air far is not cheap and the quote included taxes. transfers and port fees.

We would appreciate feedback on the best way to book a cruise.

Since this is a long flight I would like to stay over in Singapore at the end of the cruise. Did not ask the booking agent about this.

Any hints and tips re bookings -- air fare -- Yahoo group names -- links to read about cruises etc. will be greatly apprciated.

I have a years worth of mostly unread Conde Nast and Travel and Leaisure magazines that I may finally find some time to take a look at.

We are excited to find this message board and hope to be able to find our way around the cruise world in a relatively short time.

Best,

Bobbi ~

bobbi, congrats on your upcoming retirement...one of the best ways

to book Oceania is to go to google and put in *****. The owner

exclusively deals with Oceania and Radisson. She will give you the best

deal I believe...can't put the Url here, but you should find it this way.

Good luck and great cruising! r/wes

We booked this cruise through Carolyn at *****. Excellent service. We sailed the Black Sea in September on the Insignia. Great beds, fabulous food, outstanding service...we expect that the Nautica will be as good or better.

We are doing our own business class air. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way for 4 people to get from the Hong Kong airport to the Nautica at 11 pm? The new airport is on Lantau Island. We have been with tours previously, so they handled transfers by coach. I would guess there will be minivans at the airport to transfer people to the cruise terminal. Or is it best to have something lined up ahead of time. What would the cost be?

We have seen ships docked near the large mall in Kowloon. I am assuming that is the port that the Nautica will use. Does anyone know the name of the port where the Nautica will dock?

We cruised on SilverSea Silver Shadow last March from Singapore to Singapore. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for 3 nights precruise. Taxis are quite inexpensive in Singapore.

Archived