M class specialty dining-which is better Constellation or Millenium?

chaka7969

Has anyone experience specialty dining on the Constellation and the Millenium? We totally enjoyed the Sp. dining on the Const but would like to try the Millenium because the itinerary on a particular cruise offered on the Mill. and not the Const. Thanks

Has anyone experience specialty dining on the Constellation and the Millenium? We totally enjoyed the Sp. dining on the Const but would like to try the Millenium because the itinerary on a particular cruise offered on the Mill. and not the Const. Thanks

The menus on Ocean Liners and RMS Olympic are identical. Do you have any specific concerns?

Thom

Thom, No specific concerns. I was just worried that the Sp dining in the Milli. would not be as good as the Const. which was absolutely fantastic. Thank's you put my worries to rest. Curtis

It depends so much on the chefs on any sailing. If the chefs change ships, results may vary. On our recent voyage on Infinity, we found the experiience superior to Constellation's.. just a dash here and a pinch of that etc.. including a specialty coffee made at table side rather than a delivery from the cova...

Arno, tell me it isn't so! Wait a sec. I think somebody has hi-jacked your nice, changed your photo, and booked two aberrations for you.

I don't even care if I spelled aberration correctly. I personally think you'll feel like a fish out of water.

I guess I hope I'm wrong. Have a fabulous time.

[and here I was, thinking how adventurous you were, to plan to FLY to a cruise!]

--May

We haved dined in the Constellation and the Summit specialty restaurants, as well as the Millennium on three separate cruises, our latest in September 2009 and December 2009.

Our experience on the Millennium was just as good as our experience on Connie. The food and service were wonderful every time. The chef de rang, Giovanni, our sommelier Maja and our assistant waitress Viktoria were particular standouts for the warmth of their personalities, but the service from everyone was spectacular. The food was so good that we ended up eating in the specialty restaurant 4 nights on a 10 day cruise.

Xellent, what I meant to say is I think somebody has stolen your NICK. Nobody could ever steal your NICE.

And just for the record, Mr. B. and I actually had LESS than perfect service in Ocean Liners on Connie. It's a shame, too, really. We probably would've been back two or three times since then, if we hadn't had a mediocre, at best, experience. Our service in the MDR all 27 nights (two 14-day cruises) surpassed our Ocean Liners service.

--May

The menus are identical. Slightly different decor - the SS United States on the Infinity, Ocean Liners on Constellation. I would hope the service is streamlined as well (and in my experiences it always has been), but you may encounter some small differences due to different chefs and servers. Similar to the MDR on different ships - same menu, sometimes slightly different presentation or service.

Archived