Trans Atlantic or Pacific

travelinguy

I am a single mid 40's well travelled male and I was wondering what the demographics tend to be on the longer voyages?

I have no problem travelling alone however for 3 weeks or so it can be a bit lonely if everyone else is coupled up and much older.

Also is there a prefered direction (Westbound or Eastbound) in terms of better for weather/sailing.

I haven't done the Pacific crossing, but I've done the Atlantic twice (once eastward and once westward). Weather is supposed to be better (and therefore sailing better) going westward in the fall than eastward in the spring. Both of our crossings were wonderful.

There are plenty of singles on the crossings, and lots of folks mixing.

The Clippers are wonderful; you won't regret a crossing.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Just came off the TransPacific from Tahiti in the spring on Star Flyer and have done the Atlantic westbound on Royal and the (now defunct) Indian Ocean crossing on the Clipper, all had a mix of ages, lots of folks older than me and some younger (I am late 50s) - but all friendly and interesting, so I would encourage you to go on any crossing, especially if you like the ocean and enjoy days at sea, which I do!

I am interested to see if Star Clippers comes up with any addiitonal crossings,, not that each one repeated would not be unique and enjoyable, but at this point they are basically offering Atlantic crossings, with the Panama Canal on some,, I am signed up for Costa Rica > Nicaragua in Dec 10 and looking forward to it, new itineraries on the Flyer. Enjoy!

Archived