Willing to drop weight - now!

kasi1979

Hi everyone,

I don´t know when our next cruise will be, but looking through our pictures from last september in alaska and taking a look at more recent pictures, I just know I have to drop weight.

I´m not feeling comfy in my body anymore, I´m getting more colds and I don´t like my mirror image...

Ok, here are the stats:

165 cm

177 lbs

I know, that´s not too bad, however I don´t feel good anymore.

My goal is a weight of 133 lbs, that would be great.

So we are talking about dropping 44 lbs.

Some more restrictions that have kept me from joining one of the classic diets.

I´m allergic, I´m not allowed to eat any fruit that´s not a citrus fruit, no raw veggies, no nuts of any kind.

I´m standing in my own way as I´m a couch potatoe. I´m working in an office, sittng up to 10 hours per day, when I get home, there´s homework to do and unfortunately I like surfing the internet privately, too.

So, here´s what I believe I have to do:

- reduce my intake of soda

- less sweets

- more sports

- more veggies

So, any ideas how to accomplish my goal?

What do you think, how much time shall I plan to drop the 44 lbs?

Would it be ok to report back how it´s going?

Thanx

Marion

Hi everyone,

I don´t know when our next cruise will be, but looking through our pictures from last september in alaska and taking a look at more recent pictures, I just know I have to drop weight.

I´m not feeling comfy in my body anymore, I´m getting more colds and I don´t like my mirror image...

Ok, here are the stats:

165 cm

177 lbs

I know, that´s not too bad, however I don´t feel good anymore.

My goal is a weight of 133 lbs, that would be great.

So we are talking about dropping 44 lbs.

Some more restrictions that have kept me from joining one of the classic diets.

I´m allergic, I´m not allowed to eat any fruit that´s not a citrus fruit, no raw veggies, no nuts of any kind.

I´m standing in my own way as I´m a couch potatoe. I´m working in an office, sittng up to 10 hours per day, when I get home, there´s homework to do and unfortunately I like surfing the internet privately, too.

So, here´s what I believe I have to do:

- reduce my intake of soda

- less sweets

- more sports

- more veggies

So, any ideas how to accomplish my goal?

What do you think, how much time shall I plan to drop the 44 lbs?

Would it be ok to report back how it´s going?

Thanx

Marion

i for one will listen i have been working on a slow but sure reduction of wieght ready for my cruise in september didnt want to go on a crash or fad diet but rather hubby and i wanted a lifestyle change that would be ongoing ( i have lost 8 kilos hubby is the star he has lost twenty) what we did was reduce portion sizes lean meat only more fish and more vegetables and less fat and stodge. When i shop i dont buy it i.e biscuits, ice cream sodas,lollies, chocolate if it is not in the house i cant eat it especially in the evening when sometimes you just feel like a nibble. I have a nibble box of nuts and dried fruit . i know you cant eat nuts but im sure you could come up with something to suit you rice crackers or fresh nectarines small tins of mandarins etc, to suit your needs . also no snacking between meals unless its on say an orange etc. use side salads to supplement your meals and make you feel fuller and use things like grated zuchini in your spag bol or lasagne to stretch out the meat so you get a good size helping but less fat also using things like turkey mince for the above or meatballs etc. is leaner.sorry to waffle,good luck youve already taken the first step by wanting to do it oh. and lots of walking is great and if hubby goes too a great chance to spend time together and have a talk as you walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

here I am with my first report.

I´m doing some home training to train my muscles in back and front.

I´ve reduced my soda intake, stopping completly is the next step.

I´m drinking more water and tea.

And, I believe the picture in my mirror has a smaller face than it did 2 weeks ago.

By now I´ve not been back on my scale as a fear the outcome.

An hour of swimming is planned for this week, too.

Hi there!

I lost 50 pounds in under 5 months with an healthy eating plan that teaches you to eat 6 small meals a day. I have kept the weight off for almost two years and I personally know hundreds of others that has utlized the same plan, averaging 2-5 pounds per week. This is NOT a fad diet and it is NOT a Very Low Calorie Diet. No shots, pills, hypnosis, or any such thing... Not only did I lose the weight but my cholesterol dropped from 280 to 190.

Feel free to drop me an email if you want to learn more.

Good luck with your plan!

Dawn dawnuyeda@yahoo.com

777468686_beforeandafter.jpg.3602938fdacaf966e05fce5a18e066c0.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ok,

time to face the music.

My plans for dropping weight are just that - plans.

My job is horrible at the moment, I sleep not enough, start my workday early and stay late, and when I´m finally home I´m totally exausted.

Today I spent 25 minutes with a fitness dvd provided by a magazine I read regullarly, well, as to be expected, my legs are stiff and I did not manage the whole workout withour stop. However, it was fun.

The magazine provides a plan for a 5 week training, and I´m willing to give it a try, if nothing else, than to be able to do the workout without break sometime in the next five weeks.

If some weightloss is included, fine, if not, I´ll survive.

We cancelled all plans of cruising for 2010 and are heading for the seaside in early october. No bikini weather for sure.

We hope to be on our next cruise for our birthdays in february, until then there are still those LBS to be lost.

I´m happy for every one of you who is succesful and I love reading, what you do, and how you continue even after a steback. You are supporting my motivation.

Thanx.

Marion

[quote=kasi1979;24488729

As far as exercising. Do you have stairs in your office building? When you take your break, include a flight of stairs. Eventually, increase 2 flights and so on. It's a good stress releaver as well. If you don't have stairs, walk around your building. You have to make it work in your life.

Hi, I have 3 kids and work online at home (sell on eBay) and things are chaotic. When I follow the right plan, I tone and also lose weight. My hubby can see a difference in a couple days.

First, check out the DVD's by Leslie Sansone - Walk Away the Pounds. You can choose 1 mile, up to 4 or 5. I am currently doing the 3 mile walk in my bedroom in 45 minutes. It's great - I can do it when kids are asleep, or whenever - MY schedule. Maybe start with the 1 mile (about 20 minutes) and work your way up.

Also cutting out sodas will help a LOT with belly fat - so keep that up! Change just a few things and they will help a lot! Like instead of fried chicken, dip chicken in bread crumbs and bake them. Eat a lot of fiber and try not to stress - it causes you to retain water and affects your hormones which can cause you not to lose weight. Get your rest. Sleep deprivation has been shown to cause significant weight gain. And don't starve yourself. Try to anticipate when you are going to be too tired to prepare a healthy meal and plan for that, make meals on the weekend and freeze, use your crockpot, etc.

And if sweets are a problem, buy some ridiculously expensive chocolates and "treat" yourself with a piece once a day. I do that and drink an ice cold glass of skim milk...

Now, here is where I start to sound crazy, but it WORKS: chia seeds. Yes, the Chia Head chia seeds. Google them. They help control cravings, help with stress, provide Omega 3, and fiber....just check it out at least!

Well now that I've bored everyone, I'll sign off.

Happy weight loss!:D

Archived