My blog about saving money on everyday expenses to pay for travel!

I thought I'd share my blog that I've recently started. I'm writing about how I'm saving money on every day expenses to travel (hopefully) the world. I'm obviously not a professional writer or anything, but have had more success in saving than I thought I would, so thought I would share what's been working for me.

My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's with a tight income, and are trying to come up with all types of ways to shave excess of the budget to fuel travel urges. We obviously want to get as much of this in as we can, before mortgages and children come along.

I've booked my first vacation using money I've saved in the last 7 months. ASIA!

I've traveled to Hawaii, the Caribbean and Alaska in the past, but I haven't blogged about them, as this blog is primarily for what I can do with money I've saved from every day expenses, plus some great shopping deals that I find.

If you're looking for some tips or tricks, my blog may be helpful! Feel free to check it out.

http://stuffthepiggybank.blogspot.com/

Nicely done! A lot of people find saving money to be daunting, but you are doing it the right way - with goals in mind! Congratulations.

My travel blog http://www.floridakeysgirl.com has been going since October, and while it is time consuming to keep up, I have gotten some very positive feedback.

Thank you! :)

I will most definatly check out your blog.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I'd share my blog that I've recently started. I'm writing about how I'm saving money on every day expenses to travel (hopefully) the world. I'm obviously not a professional writer or anything, but have had more success in saving than I thought I would, so thought I would share what's been working for me.

My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's with a tight income, and are trying to come up with all types of ways to shave excess of the budget to fuel travel urges. We obviously want to get as much of this in as we can, before mortgages and children come along.

I've booked my first vacation using money I've saved in the last 7 months. ASIA!

I've traveled to Hawaii, the Caribbean and Alaska in the past, but I haven't blogged about them, as this blog is primarily for what I can do with money I've saved from every day expenses, plus some great shopping deals that I find.

If you're looking for some tips or tricks, my blog may be helpful! Feel free to check it out.

http://stuffthepiggybank.blogspot.com/

Looks good-congratulations on making up your mind to save. Have fun on your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your savings program. You get a gold star for planning!:) :)My husband and I save for our trips also, hate debt. We have a big piggy bank we feed with change and a few $$ each night. My husband gave up his yard service, he cuts the yard now and we take the $$ that used to go to the yard crew and we put it in the piggy bank. When I am at the mall, I always find stuff I would love to have. Instead this is what I do, figure up the cost of that "purchase" and leave the mall, that $$ then goes into the piggy bank. Then on Birthdays and Christmas we give as a gift $$ that goes toward the trip. Surprisingly it adds up fast and then we start packing!:)

• 1 month later...

Archived