Someone please tell me...

I just found out that Ken Rush will still remain as cruise director instead of Richard Spacey for our sailing. I was so looking forward to having Richard Spacey. Someone please tell me that I won't notice or care once I am on the ship. Does the cruise director play the same king of role on the Oasis compared to the Freedom? I know there is so much going on at the same time and didn't know if there were other staff to help out instead of him. I can only hope.

I just went on my first cruise and I thought Ken Rush was fine. I have no idea who Richard Spacey is but what does it matter? I saw Ken Rush at the shows (except for the comedy show) and the game shows. Also when they did the 70's theme party on the Promenade, etc. He seemed nice and helpful. He does have and asst., Anna that also helps him out

I know a lot of people fall in love with the CD but to me they have become more of an MC and they all seems to have the same jokes and use the same list of top 10 stupid questions. The days when the CD sang and danced are gone. The thing I found most Important on Oasis was the shows. Who introduced them wasn't that important. Ken was our CD but he didn't do much but do the MC and I don't get excited just because they crowd didn't clap as loud as he wanted.

The ship will knock you socks off so enjoy the ship.

We were supposed to have Richard Spacey on our 4/17 Oasis cruise, or at least that is what RCL said in their e-mail when I asked them about our CD and headliner. However, we were surprised to see Ken Rush when we boarded. Spacey is one of our favorites. He is a really, naturally funny guy. Ken seems to be a more contrived. That said, Ken was not that much of a focus on the Oasis as he was on previous ships. I guess that this ship is SOOO bug that he can't be pulled in all of the directions at one time... or his other duties becoming larger and more time consuming? So other than being the MC for Quest and the Marriage game, we only saw him open and close shows. His other staff handled many of the other duties, and did quite well too. So in the end, IMHO, the CD on the Oasis whoever they are is not the all singing, all dancing CD that we have been used to seeing on previous ships.

Frankly, the Oasis is so amazing, the CD could have not even been aboard and we probably would not have noticed!

----------------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… but on the way

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

...Ken was not that much of a focus on the Oasis as he was on previous ships. I guess that this ship is SOOO big that he can't be pulled in all of the directions at one time... or his other duties becoming larger and more time consuming? So other than being the MC for Quest and the Marriage game, we only saw him open and close shows.

Yes, I would agree with this. Ken was fine. He was only mildly annoying when he rallied for more thunderous applause, but then I guess that's part of his job. He was cordial when we passed him from time to time, and as stated, we only saw his to open and close the shows. We chose not to go to several of the shows so we really didn't see him much at all.

For us, a CD doesn't make or break a cruise. As said, Oasis is so huge and has so much going on, it's quite conceivable that you and the CD will not be in the same place at the same time more than a few times the whole cruise.

Have fun! :)

Archived