No More Bon Voyage Liqure

AZchieffan

bogus email rofl! They think everybody was born yesterday??

Pleaseeeeeee

Bill

Whether it was or wasn't is immaterial. The policy is unchanged and everyone can order what they want.

I think that bashing Carnival at this point is counter productive...

Well you are doing a GREAT job.:)

And I must say you are earning every penny.:p

Bill

I second that thought. Frankly, you should get at least a 15% raise Mach !

(although 15% of zero... is still zero... but it's the thought that counts ! :p)

Thanks Mach !!

From their face book page!

Carnival Cruise Lines An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

44 minutes ago · Flag

I second that thought. Frankly, you should get at least a 15% raise Mach !

(although 15% of zero... is still zero... but it's the thought that counts ! :p)

Thanks Mach !!

15%?? I was thinking we should double Mach's salary! :D Thanks for the info, Mach. Catastrophy overted.

Ok quick update!! There was a miscommunication between the Bon Yoyage dept. and the call center. So you CAN order alcohol for your cruise and it WILL be in your room when you get there. Sometimes this happens and then without waiting to see if it true everybody jumps on the bandwagon and gangs up before they know the truth. So go and order you alcohol for your cruise.!!!

Just received the following after e-letter.

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Carnival Cruise Lines

I just got this in response to the email that I sent yesterday...

cid:image002.gif@01CAF819.010DC170

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Carnival Cruise Lines

Not that it matters, but I did send an email today to express my pleasure at the change.. Like you, mis-communication or not :rolleyes:, it's fixed and thats what matters. And I appreciate it..

***Also just now received an email response to my complaint yesterday. So they are responding to those also...

Carnival Cruise Lines

Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 4:12 PM

To: Bon Voyage Mailbox

Subject: Complaint regarding recent change~

Dear Mr Shae,

It was brought to my attention that starting today you may no longer purchase liquor bottles for consumption in your cabin. Unfortunately I have 2 future cruises planned that I cannot cancel due to booking early saver restrictions. I will have 17 cruises with Carnival but the 2 that I have currently booked will be my last. Also we never cruise alone but with friends we have encouraged to book Carnival, that will now stop.

As a platinum guest, I was always appalled at the ridiculous prices of your drinks onboard. Due to the increase in security and confiscation of bottles from bags I had decided to purchase thru the Bon Voyage department for my next cruises. Again, those prices are absolutely ridiculous, but the fact of being able to have drinks in my room or on a balcony outweighed that. Now you have taken that option away as well. I do understand that you are a for profit company. However, due to the current prices of drinks and the inability to purchase bottles from Carnival I can assure you, you will not profit from me or the adults that travel with me on my final two cruises with Carnival. We simply will not purchase your over priced drinks. I will be happy to drink water, iced tea and juices with breakfast. I feel certain that you have already seen an increase in those purchases from Bon Voyage since Carnival "crackdown". Why in the world would you choose to stop that profit center in Bon Voyage? I hope you reconsider and allow the sale of bottles again and especially consider the guests that have cruised with you time and time again!

Regards,

Donna Clark

past guest #

I have never smuggled and until this upcoming trip, I've never ordered liquor through Bon Voyage but this new rule irritates me out of principle. It's ridiculous the lengths big business will go through to maximize their profits. That's why I've always had a problem with those "do-gooders" that lecture folks about the "evils" of smuggling, or not dressing up in the MDR or countless other things. The bottom line is that everyone has a right to enjoy their vacation the way that they want to because the cruiseline, like all other businesses, is all about squeezing as much money from their customers as possible. Are they any more moral than the smugglers? Look at this new policy and the answer is as clear as a rum runner full of vodka!

Well said - seems to be the corporate American way

As I posted on similar thread - our choice this year came down to Carnival Miracle (for the 3rd time) or NCL Jewel - NCL offered OBC and free bottle of wine. Glad now we chose NCL - DH and his friend can still order bottles for our cabins. I looked at Celebrity's liquor packages and they may be our next choice for cruising.

I don't understand their mind set. I'm in the food service business. My beer guys all tell me how they explain to the bars how to make the best profit on selling beer. It's not screwing people over on prices, it's charging a fair price and moving volume.

Pretty soon the only thing free will be the water from the ocean. You'll have to book a cove balcony on the Dream to be able to reach the water:mad:

The other thread has the email address. I sent along my thoughts including telling them I was offered a better fare price, obc, ETC from NCL. When we renewed our vows in 2009 our Sail and sign account was almost $2,000. We whooped it up with all the relatives we brought with us. How many people are they going to tick off to the point where their accounts go from several thousand to several hundred dollars?

Last year our account was a grand. That was 2 bottles from bon voyage, Nick and Nora's and the rest was DH's buckets of beer and I was still good for two or more cocktails during the day. The 6 of us partied well!

They've already got people waiting until there in port to do some excursions because Carnival can be triple the price, when are they going to wake up and smell the coffee or will cruisers soon be paying for that too?

Just got my response too!!

Listen Little Timmy, I know you love this thread, seems like it's been going since you were knee high to a horse, but its old. So, so old. Its time to put it down. Go get some rope and Pa's 6-shooter.

At least it's not rabid like Old Yeller.

Archived