Bon Voyage no sell Liquor complaint email add

I don't want to get into politics, but let's just say I was in the minority last election....he was just an easy target...I mean, example.

You can stop worrying. There will be just as many drunks, and just was much drinking and falling overboard as ever:)

I'm a little late but just read a post on Carnival stating that it was a miscommunication between the Bon Voyage dept and the call center. So everything is good!! so theres no need to beat this dead horse at all!!!!

Just received the following after e-letter.

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Carnival Cruise Lines

Was that for one or 2 cabins?? Someone posted on here they were at one point limiting it to 2 bottles per cabin..

That was for one room... 3 adults....13 people in our party.

elcuchio24... she is my Baby

I wouldnt count on anything every coming out confirming this in print or on the website.They have never advertised liquor bottle purchases from BV or from room service, so unlikely they would start now.

Awww...come one...If it's on the "Internet" it MUST be true...:D Everybody knows that!!!

I see what you are saying, but if a person were to down an entire bottle of hard liquor (purchased from BV) as you describe, is that the cruiseline's fault? If a person buys a bottle of tequila from their local liquor store at home and drinks the whole thing that night and dies, is that liquor store held responsible for the death? I don't think so. This new rule may be a case of the cruiseline "covering their.......", but I don't think so. I think it is money related.

A million years ago...if you drank till you were obliviated...it was YOUR fault...no one elses unless they tied you to a chair and forced you to drink waterboard style...it's hard to imagine but "a million years ago" you were actually "responsible" for your own actions :eek:.

Negative. Bartender serves you too much, you go out and kill someone driving home - the bar gets sued, and the bartender many times gets sued. I've seen a drunk come after a bar for him getting a DUI too. Although not as common. You have to be careful when serving alcohol - even at a private residence.

I guess it's a good thing the Captian doesn't let too many of us drive the boat. :D

WOW...could I have possibly been right??? I posted earlier that I thought it was a "miscommunication"...possibly regarding liquor laws in some states that they may not be able to "deliver" till they were out of port. Maybe it was just a "miscommunication" all together. Nah...I'm NEVER right...heck I can't even pick the "right" line to be in when I'm shopping for groceries. I can always guarantee I'll be in line where they'll be 10,000 coupons, price checks for a penny argument etc.:rolleyes:

Thanks Mach, Thanks Mr Herald, Thanks Mr Shea and thanks everyone else. Yes I think I'll order from BV...I guess I was annoyed because it seems like there's so much slowly being taken away that I feel like I'm losing control...it's harder to put up with when you're on vacation. I don't smoke and don't like smoke but I don't appreciate being told I can't anywhere, I wear my seatbelt ALL the time but I don't appreciate being told I have to...I'm not a HEAVY drinker...only a social drinker but I guess the not being able to order was just ONE MORE CONTROL...SIGH:rolleyes:

Thank goodness I can party like it's 1999. :p

That was for one room... 3 adults....13 people in our party.

elcuchio24... she is my Baby

Some day, some day. Til then I have to settle for a part share in the Zenith and getting knocked for 90/hr for a 152!:( Oh well, roll her once for me, keep it VFR.

Here is the response I received... Power to the people!:D:):)

Thank you for your email.

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Thank you for making Carnival Cruise Lines a part of your vacation plans.

Cordially,

Mischelle Beattie Coccera

Manager - Online Community

Carnival Cruise Lines - Interactive Marketing

Yes it is Mach... sounds you know a little about flying too

:cool:

Ummm... started flying when I was 13 in a J3. Twenty years flying for the USAF including a WONDERFUL stint in flight test at Edwards... That's the patch that's my avatar...

;)

Carnival Cruise Lines

To paraphrase John Heald, miscommunication my arse.

Here is the response I received... Power to the people!:D:):)

Thank you for your email.

Thank you for making Carnival Cruise Lines a part of your vacation plans.

Cordially,

Mischelle Beattie Coccera

Manager - Online Community

Carnival Cruise Lines - Interactive Marketing

The best news i've read all day!!

hmm I just got an email saying thank you for your support in our decision in making....

OK im kidding.. :D.

I concur a little how do you miscommunicate something that broad and sweeping?

meh the world will never know.

I also received the same response good job everyone. To much negitive pressure on them changed and saved the day. All's well that ends well.:D:cool:

Thanks Carnival!:)

Carnival Cruise Lines

Woooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Miscommunication my behindy. :eek: Kind of like the government putting out trial baloons and then backing way off when it comes back to bite them in the rear. Can we say deem and pass.....

Anyway - I have went from going to smuggle, to going to try and be good and order from BV, to going back to smuggling, to going try order from BV. I'm exhausted. :D

Great news! Does anyone know how early one can order from the BV department prior to your cruise? We'd like to order as soon as we are allowed just in case things change again.

We aren't cruising until Feb 2011 and I just placed my order. Someone once told me that you have to be paid in full but we've only paid the deposit and I had no problems placing my order. (I was on hold for about 5 minutes though - but well worth it!)

Just ordered two bottles of liquor and 2 bottles of wines per room (5 rooms...ouch$$$$) :p but with out a problem...I'm all set and can enjoy my vacation now that all this "stress" is out of the way (until the next issue anyway!):D

Stacy

There was no mis-communication. They are back peddling on a crappy decision!

You say that as if it were a documented fact.:rolleyes: If so, please submit your substantiation and proof that it's a fact. Otherwise, you need to qualify that this is your opinion, not try to palm it off as a fact. :)

Goodness,

why cant the forum continue to be a conversation with differences of opinion rather than some individuals trying to prove someone else wrong or get "one up" on another person. Honestly,this is a vacation forum with different issues surrounding it...it's not completely serious.

(of course I can already see the user names in my head who are going to respond to this and in some way, shape, or form make it way too serious or try and use the sarcasm to get one up on this post).

C'mon people....(lets all sing around the campfire) j/k :)

Archived