Professional Pictures?

mickym

There was a cd offered for sale on each cruise that we took. Two to three members of the crew attended each tour and took a variety of photos of our shipmates and the surrounding area. They then intergrated many of these photo's along with "stock" photo's into the cd. The price on our cruise this year was $15.

On the last evening of our Viking cruise, they showed the pictures from their CD while the musician played music in the lounge. It gave people a good idea if they wanted to buy the CD or not, and it was a fun experience to summarize the trip that way at the end.

That's good to know. Our video camera broke several years back and we have never replaced it. I would love to have a video of the beautiful places we will be seeing in Europe but really don't like to see everything through a video camera lens plus I like taking still pictures. I assume there are no professional pictures taken? I really don't like the idea of all the back drops set up all over like on the ocean cruises but I do enjoy one really nice picture of the two of us from each cruise. I guess with the beautiful natural back drops we should be able to come up with at least one nice picture of us, well maybe??

We did the Vantage Holland to Hungary river cruise back in 2005 and one day we were told to go on deck and bring our cameras. We were broken down into 4 groups with color coded dots on our name tags. The blue group lined up first and everyone who had a camera put it on a table and our tour guides took group photos with everybodys camera. Then the other

color groups did the same thing.

Did the Greece trip in 2008, same company. The tour guide wanted to take group photos (same deal with everbodys camera) but wanted to do it at night, on deck. Told him the small flashes on everybody's camera wasn't strong enough for on deck photos on night. Talked him into doing it the next day at the hotel during our last night cocktail party. Worked fine.

Some tours leaders have a spot picked out and have a photographer there to take a group shot and then sells prints to anyone who wants one. We experienced that on the China trip with Vantage. Had a photog at one of the big squares.

Archived