What r some tricks to getting wrinkles out of your clothes without travel steamers?

Elmo31

I have always brought my travel steamer on board. I now notice they r not alloud. Many of my dresses you cant use a regular iron on so cant use the ones on the ship. Or is there a way you can still take them? Thanks.....Heading on the ship Saturday...woo hoo:cool:

I have always brought my travel steamer on board. I now notice they r not alloud. Many of my dresses you cant use a regular iron on so cant use the ones on the ship. Or is there a way you can still take them? Thanks.....Heading on the ship Saturday...woo hoo:cool:

I don't go anywhere without my Downy Wrinkle Release ...spray clothing and then I hang it in the bathroom with the shower on hot for about 10-15 minutes and the steam and the Downy have not failed me yet....:)

I also say Downy wrinkle release. Works wonders. I usually spray whatever outfit I plan to wear for the next day and pull a little and hang in the closet. Perfect in the morning. Steaming in the shower works too. ( turn the shower on hot until room steams up, cut the water off and hang clothes on clothes line in shower for a few minutes)

Ironing at home and rolling clothes and packing works to rid wrinkles too.

I found plain water works just as well as the wrinkle releasers. I just carry a small spray bottle with me that has a nice misting function. After a few minutes they're just fine.

I do it every morning, can't be bothered putting my clothes away, lol :)

Should have mentioned I put the clothing on hangers first, then I mist, tug downward (gently!) if needed. Too much tugging downward or outward from the sides can result in the clothes getting a little stretched out.

On the other hand, sometimes that is a GOOD thing, like at the end of your cruise when you need just a bit more give in your clothing... :)

Thank you so much for your help. I will pick some up tomorrow. Can you spray it on formal dresses or will it cause spotting?

I use the wrinkle release on a lot of things, but honestly there are other things that I would not use it on as I have had some things to spot. I personally would not chance using it on my formal wear or my husband's formal clothing. As soon as we get on the ship, I contact our room steward and send the formal wear down to be steamed and pressed. They do a beautiful job, and it always comes back in plenty of time.

On our last cruise, I sent a long satin evening gown down to be steamed and pressed. Wrote a note that I needed it by 5PM for dinner. The charge was $6.00, plus if you want same day service they will charge a 50% surcharge for express service. So for a total of $9, my dress was ready for the evening and I didn't have to try to "steam up the bathroom" or possibly ruin my evening gown by using the wrinkle release.

For your shorts, t-shirts, things of that nature, I would say a definite yes to the wrinkle release. Works great. Have a wonderful cruise!:)

I have also found that packing the "important" things in dry cleaner plastic bags works. I pack my husband's sports coat....on the hanger...in the dry cleaner bag and put it in on top....last thing I pack. It always makes the trip without wrinkles.

I have also found that packing the "important" things in dry cleaner plastic bags works. I pack my husband's sports coat....on the hanger...in the dry cleaner bag and put it in on top....last thing I pack. It always makes the trip without wrinkles.

I save the bags and pack a couple of dresses in each one. Layer 3-4 bags on top in the suitcase right before we leave and I haven't had an issue yet.

I'm also big on jersey dresses now for cruises - they pack well and don't have wrinkle issues...

I don't go anywhere without my Downy Wrinkle Release ...spray clothing and then I hang it in the bathroom with the shower on hot for about 10-15 minutes and the steam and the Downy have not failed me yet....:)

Ditto. Works great!!

Or, you can just take a small spray bottle with water and mist your clothes, then use the hair dryer. It works just as well and you don't need to steam up the room unnecessarily or use chemicals.

I've gotten so lazy that I just throw my hang-up-clothes in the suitcase while still on the hangers and plan on Downey Wrinkle Release-ing them when I get on the ship. So when I get on the ship I just reach in and grab my hangers and hang them. No transferring to ship hangers.

Sometimes I Downey everything at once, sometimes I Downey as I wear.

And, when the bottle is half empty, I fill it with water to make the stuff last longer. I think it's really just water and Downey fragrance/fabric softener anyway, but I like it. You could probably make your own, but I just buy it. I have a big bottle at home and I refill my travel one with that.

Like another poster said, formal wear gets pressed by the ship.

Have fun,

Shay

I try very hard to pack clothing made of fabrics that don't wrinkle much, however.......For things that do wrinkle, I have found that if you roll them in tissue paper when packing your suitcase, they wrinkle less. Then, all you need to do is hang them while you take a shower to release the rest of the wrinkles. This works for me.

I love my Downy Wrinkle Release and use it all the time, but I have a word of warning. Do not use it daily while standing on a hard wood floor...:eek:

I didn't realize how bad my floor was looking till we decided to sell our house. But on the bright side - vinegar cleans it up! :D

I took Wrinkle Release with me on our cruise, but I must not have sprayed enough or something because it didn't seem to work well at all. One problem was the ship had those fit in the grove in the closet hangers, so it was hard to decide how to place the garment to spray it. Do you take your own hangers ?

I will have to try it at home to get used to how much to use. Thanks for the tips. All other tips will be appreciated.

I just hang the clothes that have wrinkles in the bathroom when we shower, gets nice and steamy. It's worked every time for me, never had to get a thing pressed.

Cheers, Carole

I also say Downy wrinkle release. Works wonders. I usually spray whatever outfit I plan to wear for the next day and pull a little and hang in the closet. Perfect in the morning. Steaming in the shower works too. ( turn the shower on hot until room steams up, cut the water off and hang clothes on clothes line in shower for a few minutes)

Ironing at home and rolling clothes and packing works to rid wrinkles too.

I got some Downy wrinkle release today, but its in a somewhat big bottle..I dont want them to think Im smuggling, though it would be funny if they tasted it...does it come in smaller bottles..dont think I would need much as I have learned how to rolls my clothes in suitcase and rarely have wrinkles..with it being our sons wedding in st thomas I dont want any wrinkles for the wedding. Thanks for any suggestion

Archived