A likely story

MrCo9

So this is the response I got from Carnival regarding the letter I sent them yesterday. After it was reported on here that the BV department was no longer allowing hard alcohol sales I called and aked by what date I would have to purchase alcohol to be sent to a friends cabin who was sailing on the Dream on May 29. I was informed that hard alcohol sales were no longer allowed by the BV department.

So, I sent the following letter:

Mr. Paul Shea,

We are currently deciding on where we will be taking our Christmastime vacation. In December 2008 we chose to sail on the Carnival Victory due to it's wonderful itinerary. I understand that Carnival has made a decision to no longer offer liquor sales through the Bon Voyage Department. This decision may be what makes us choose another cruise line or a land vacation over choosing to sail with Carnival again. Please reconsider this decision.

And received the following response:

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.I don't think there was any miscommunication, I think Mr. Paul Shea got a "What the &*^@ were you thinking" memo from his superiors.

Don't flame me if this is thread #374 regarding this issue.

Especially when they are SO many other things you can flame me over.

No offense, but there are at least 5 other threads you could have posted this in.

I do appreciate the community spreading the word that this head scratcher has been reversed!!!!

I got the same e-mail. I don't believe it for a second. Even John Heald's blog today has the same thing. He reports it as a "boo boo." Horse Hockey!

They may be back peddling on a big mistake - but at least they are listening to their loyal customer base.

And received the following response:

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.I don't think there was any miscommunication, I think Mr. Paul Shea got a "What the &*^@ were you thinking" memo from his superiors.

Especially when they are SO many other things you can flame me over.

How many times do we have to read the same response that so many have already posted.... Geeeeez, give it a rest and move on !

How many times do we have to read the same response that so many have already posted.... Geeeeez, give it a rest and move on !

So. Who cares if there is 1 thread or 100 threads on the same subject. If you are not interested in it don't read it.

So. Who cares if there is 1 thread or 100 threads on the same subject. If you are not interested in it don't read it.

typical answer.... The topic catches anyones eye, they open the thread and there the darn thing is right in front of you ! :eek:

Public Forum.... public response.... which you don't have to read either ! :rolleyes:

typical answer.... The topic catches anyones eye, they open the thread and there the darn thing is right in front of you ! :eek:

Public Forum.... public response.... which you don't have to read either ! :rolleyes:

I don't know who put the burr under your saddle - but you berated another poster on another thread about the BV issue. Why don't YOU give it a rest?;)

How many times do we have to read the s\.)"response that so many have already posted.... Geeeeez, give it a"rest and move on !

Someone forget to take their happy pill today? :rolleyes:

Don't you just hate post counters :) Just sayin!

I am usually not the confrontational type - but - some posters just tick me off. - Just Saying - LOL :D

Plus - after weeding in the 90 degree heat today - and a raging headache - and a glass of wine . . . :)

I am usually not the confrontational type - but - some posters just tick me off. - Just Saying - LOL :D

Plus - after weeding in the 90 degree heat today - and a raging headache - and a glass of wine . . . :)

And neither am I the confrontational type, but to keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again on different threads on the same topic that HAS BEEN RESOLVED is just annoying.....and "ticks me off too" ;) (Guessing I have the same rights as you on these boards !)

No burrs under my saddle, no happy pill needed.....just suggesting a little common sense be used before starting another thread on the same topic ! So perhaps we can leave it at that and move on ? :)

haha...well I just posted it again...it was not on the front page that I could see...

maybe they need to step in and make some "sticky" post

Not sure if this really was a mistake or a CYA but am happy for those who

wanted to order and now are back on track

Archived