Interior vs. balcony stateroom--opinions?

chimpanzoid

Yes, it is worth it.... Depends on whether you like the person you are with. The view from the balcony is something that is talked about for years after your cruise. Early morning after the workout, midday after lunch, and cocktail hours before dinner.....not to mention the pictures.....

If you have the money, and you spend some time in your room--get the balcony....

For me, the extra money is worth it. I would rather skip some dinners out and some movies in theaters and have a balcony.

Had one in AK last year, and we actually had whale breeching right outside. We have the lovely pictures and memories.

I hope that you have a wonderful first cruise, no matter where you sleep on the ship!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Here's my take and experience regarding inside cabins.

The one time we did an inside cabin was on our 15 day Diamond Princess Hawaii cruise out of San Pedro, Calif. I studied the deck plans and booked a cabin in the aft section on the Aloha deck. That inside cabin (A729 or close to it) was only steps away from the aft door that led outside to the Terrace Pool. We saved something like four thousand dollars on that cruise taking the inside vrs our usual balcony cabin.

Below is a picture of the short hallway we had to walk to reach the doors that led outside to the Terrace Pool deck. The Horizon Court Buffet was straight up only one floor....so every morning we picked up our breakfast at the Horizon and walked it out to the Terrace Pool Deck and sat at the bar overlooking the Terrace Pool and the ship's lovely wake.

If I had interest in booking an inside cabin again....I would first check out the decks on that ship and hopefully find a cabin close to a door where within a few short steps we could be outside on a cool deck maybe close to being like the Terrace Pool.:)2977640610063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

This looks like a perfect solution. Inexpensive and a short walk to the ouside world! Did you experience any noise from HC?

Thanks

I just took my first cruise and got an interior room. My husband and I had plenty of room and plenty of storage. Considering the time spent in the cabin, it was perfect. I prefer to spend the extra money on excursions and shopping :p

I would not do an interior with more then 2 people though. I just booked my next cruise and booked a mini-suite as we are traveling with our teenager and wanted the the extra space.

The 3 of us in a small interior room....we would kill each other! LOL

Archived