Review: CC Group, Carnival Spirit: May 11 - 18, 2010

anamanxs

Love your blog and reviews! Any "have to know" tips for traveling with the 2 year old? We are bringing our son who's not quite 3...we weren't planning on a stroller - what do you think? Would welcome any thoughts!

We did not request a crib when we booked but decided to after we got on board, it worked great. We really used the stroller very little. The carseat and the stroller went in the closet as soon as we got onboard and didn't come back out until Ketchian. We did just walk around there and the stroller was used then. But there were several steps that we just carried the stroller up. At the other ports we could not have used the stroller on the excursions we went on. Carnival does rent a stroller for I think $25 a week.

But my grandson is in the very mommy stage and mom did carry him alot. I think we could not have used it on any the excursions, to hilly or unlevel. I saw a couple of stroller on the ship but they looked like they were younger children. I probably would not take it again in the future for a 2 1/2 to 3 year old.

My daughter insisted on the carseat for the plane, it did work GREAT! he was then high enough to see around.

ry%3D400

The Man in Stone in Skagway! I think this picture is so cool! One of the places Dynea David took us to on our tour. (The man's face is on the left side of the picture looking out over the creek below)

Skagway is next, it will probably take a few days to write this one. We took the train to Fraizer and then Dave took us into the Yukon and Carcross. We saw bear (black & grisley), sheep, rabbit, goats, porkepine (sp), ducks and one moose hiding in the woods.

The first one was the first sea day, the second day cruising. And the second one is Sunday evening after Ketchian. You leave K-town at 1:00pm; so I guess they firgure that gives you enough time to get dressed up. I think the past guest party was Sat. afternoon at 3:30, we did not attend.

Don't be sorry, ask any question you have. I am just sorry it takes so long to upload anything. My internet has been really slow since I got back, I wonder if it get zapped while I was gone, I meant to unplug it and didn't.

That makes sense about elegant nights. Don't worry, you're not too slow. I know it's alot of work and you're doing a wonderful job. Thanks for doing your blog. Will you be posting menus, too?

I look forward to seeing everyone's pics and reading about your trip--it's getting me excited for my turn! :D

That makes sense about elegant nights. Don't worry, you're not too slow. I know it's alot of work and you're doing a wonderful job. Thanks for doing your blog. Will you be posting menus, too?

I look forward to seeing everyone's pics and reading about your trip--it's getting me excited for my turn! :D

Thanks, I am sorry I didn't copy any of the menu's (didn't think of it, honestly) I am in cruise withdraw and do not want to go to work! :(

I have been uploading pic for 48 hours to shuttlefly, we have over 2000 pics and my internet is not working so well. Going to take to work with me today and see if they are faster and then call COX; since I am sure it is my home modem problem! (I called them when I returned 4 times already - worked fine when I left). :mad:

I have heard that one of the formal nights is a little more "formal" than the other (when more photographers are set up). Is this the case on the Spirit? If so, which night is the more formal?

Really enjoying your pictures and blog!

31991_1481156634045_1387706904_1298730_8157981_n.jpg

This was taken at the Seattle Zoo; prior to the cruise. If you have a day before the cruise it is a Great place to spend a few hours! I was really impressed with all the areas, several of the animals did not even look contained, we wondered how they kept them in their enclosures. Read all about in my Blog Review below.

klguess if you get a chance to visit the zoo, it is great for kids, but you do have to take a bus to get there.

img_6999.jpg?w=497

Juneau part 1

img_6942.jpg?w=497

eagle-2.jpg?w=403

Juneau was amazing, we did whale watching and the Glacier tour, both were so amazing!

we were so happy to be home in florida. the tours we took were great and the places we visit were awesome. we did dyea dave in skagway and we did the see plane in ketchican and in juneau we took a bus to see Mendehall Glavier rain and all. we met wonderfull and friendly people on the cruise the meet and greet was great had alot of fun enjoyed the conversations all of you and the elephant game was good also ....i ended with the picnic food cover which i know we will use . Annette did a great job on organizing everything for us. Thank you annette,

As for the cruise i can say we enjoyed the food .At dinner we were paired with a couple that were fun to be and we enjoyed their company.

we went to two shows which were boring ,we did a little gambeling and of course we lost some cash. i think that most of the things you did on the ship cost you money .This was our first cruise and we decided that we will not be cruising for a while. we like to fly and use all our time doing and going places. we spent alot of our time in our cabins. we had some people next to us that would go out on the balcony and smoke their pipe all the time so we really went on to our balcony when they weren't there.

Like i said we will be flying or driving.

Good sailing to all of you! mike and eva are glad we met all of you.....:)

Thanks Eva, It was Great to have you guys along and I think the tour with Dynea Dave is one we remember forever. I am sorry you did not enjoy the cruise so well. I agree the shows were really not up to par with what I have seen before! Thanks for the camera hints, Elmer is still learning that camera. Those pics are from Noel's camera, a lot clearer than ours! We have a couple of Dave with Mike that came out really great! (by the Yukon sign)

Cruising is for some and some it's not! But, I think Alaska is something we will remember forever. It was great spending time with you and Mike!

hey annette

i would appreciate if you would send me the pictures that you took of mike and dyea davie. i took the picture but i cut dave fron the picture...i don't why! well let me know if you can to my hot mail if you still have it ....or i can send it to you again but your pictures were great, somtimes i would not take a picture because i felt that a picture would not do it justice! i would just teared up because the beauty was so great. you can only say "God must have been happy that day to create such beauty"!

thanks annette

eva

I will get them to you sometime this weekend. I agree, a picture can not do justice to all the beauty we saw! It was so amazing! I have been working on pictures all day at work today instead of working, I will pay for it next week when I have to stay late to get everything done.

Your pictures and review are fantastic. Looking forward to reading the rest of it.

The waterfall at Mendenhall Glacier looks fantatastic. You said 45 minutes - was that roundtrip? does it include the walking time only? Is it easy to fiture out which way to go? We have a short time so we'd want to get to the right path quickly. THANKS.

It was about 45 minutes each way. Wlking back seemed a lot faster then walking to the falls. It was well worth the walk and we woupldn't have missed it for anything.

Thanks for the comments.

hey annette

i would appreciate if you would send me the pictures that you took of mike and dyea davie. i took the picture but i cut dave fron the picture...i don't why! well let me know if you can to my hot mail if you still have it ....or i can send it to you again but your pictures were great, somtimes i would not take a picture because i felt that a picture would not do it justice! i would just teared up because the beauty was so great. you can only say "God must have been happy that day to create such beauty"!

thanks annette

eva

Eva, Let me know if you didn't get them, I sent to your home e-mail. :D

29446_1300542509668_1113589559_699606_8121438_n.jpg

I have 4 pages of my Alaska Scrapbook finished. I decided to work on the Digital Scrapbook instead of the Blog for now.

There are so many other GREAT reviews out there right now that were doing the reviews much more justice then me. So this way I can share some of my Digital Scrapbook pages. I make the pages then upload them and have them printed in the 12 x 12 format for my scrapbook.

Eva, Let me know if you didn't get them, I sent to your home e-mail. :D

Hello annette

thank you for taking the time to e-mail me the pictures ...you were right they are great pictures.

thanks again

eva

• 1 month later...

Archived