Single Occupanties

Granden

Our cousin sails solo cabin but we are a trio in every other way. She has occasionally had a roommate/friend go with her and with varying results:p Some were nervous nellies and some were a little too bossy and always it meant 4 opinions and thoughts on what to do. Because we 3 have gone on at least 30 long trips (over 2 weeks each) we pretty much know each other and can accept and adjust for differences. The 4th sometimes gets a little dicey -- we usually do not know the person we will be spending our whole vacation with. :eek:

We are always connected by cruise line --sit at same table, usually want to be close to each for cabins etc. but (if the world was perfect and to MY standards) I sure wish the cruise line would consider us as 3 in 2 cabins rather than a couple and a single. Often times we as a couple go for the same price as the single and it makes us sad that this is so. I guess I should focus on how much we enjoy each other's company and that we have such great memories. It does mean that sometimes our partner in travel chooses not to go because it is so expensive for her.

She could sail with my old friend who a couple olf years ago turned into a bossy

nervous nellie. I hadn't cruised with her for several years, and it was a TA from hell.

Another friend in your situation added up the total and split it 3 ways. Downside, of

course, was her single sister had a cabin and bathroom to herself. Upside was that she

was able to afford to go.

127 days to go!!!!!!!!!

OP---> I would suggest you read these two threads devoted to solo travelers listed below. They will help you find out all the info you need and some great deals other solo cruisers have found online that are posted on these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=841297

AND

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=789054

If by chance you become interested in cruising solo with Carnival...here is a thread which talks about the cheapest cabins they offer:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=382401

trying to find a group cruise, or "hosted" cruise.

Although you are still paying higher fees then those sharing a room, sometimes because of the sheer bulk factor with buying into a group you could save the money on other parts.

The airfare, the shuttles, the hotel room before hand etc etc.

Also, the total for the actual cruise tends to be less because a group is booking a whole lot of rooms the cruise ships seem to be better with the overall price.

Also, we have a group going to Hawaii this coming winter, the taxes are $169.00 TOTAL... that may help. Look into a cruise where OTHER things are more cost effective.

Last year, on our Celebrity cruise the taxes were $506 per person...

Just a thought.

Safe Travels to you

Archived