3 Passenger cabin

Sometimes they allow it, and other times they don't. I would call and be very persistent. Call back and speak to a different agent, or ask for a supervisor, until they allow you to do what you want. I've had to "fight" to be able to book 2 people in a quad room, but eventually it was allowed. Just aks to mark the reservation "do not upgrade" so that they don't move or bump you without asking if a larger party wants the same cabin.

Sometimes they allow it, and other times they don't. I would call and be very persistent. Call back and speak to a different agent, or ask for a supervisor, until they allow you to do what you want. I've had to "fight" to be able to book 2 people in a quad room, but eventually it was allowed. Just aks to mark the reservation "do not upgrade" so that they don't move or bump you without asking if a larger party wants the same cabin.

And sometimes it works to add a fictituous 3d passenger w/ deposit and then remove them before final payment and use the funds of their deposit towards the balance due.;)

We are first time RCCL Cruisers leaving on Saturday to the Southern Caribbean. We are booked into balcony room 9536. When I pull up the deck plan with info for this cabin, it has a diamond on it, which indicates "Stateroom with sofa bed and third Pullman bed available." Only DH and I are registered to that cabin, so we will see what happens on Saturday. We booked in mid-March, and there were not a ton of cabins available. We did not request this cabin, but were offered it on the RCCL website.

Yes you can. The RCCL agent I spoke with said they can move you to another cabin if you are only 2 in a quad, but it is a very rare occurance.

I have booked quads several times with only 2 people. I have one booked now with the possiblility that we may need the 3rd berth. When booking the quads, RCCL has never questioned me about a 3rd or 4th guest.

BTW, we stayed in Radiance 8088 and it was a terrific location.

I guess it all depends who you talk to. I wanted to book myself and my DH into a quad with the $500 deposit and add my children at another time as I didn't have the full $1000 at that time. My TA said RC will not allow anyone to book a quad without 4 people and your can't book a Family Stateroom that sleeps 6 without at least 5 people. Go figure! Good luck to you!

Melissa

Archived