**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Ooooooh! What line? I think we only have HAL left here, sadly.

Carnival. They just announced a new 15 day itinerary:

15 Day HAWAII from SAN DIEGO, CA

Carnival Spirit Sails on Friday, April 13, 2012

Day Port Arrive Depart

Friday, Apr 13 SAN DIEGO, CA 5:00pm

Saturday, Apr 14 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Apr 15 FUN DAY AT SEA

Monday, Apr 16 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Apr 17 FUN DAY AT SEA

Wednesday, Apr 18 HILO, HI10:00am 7:00pm

Thursday, Apr 19 MAUI (KAHULUI), HI 8:00am - 11:00pm

Friday, Apr 20 HONOLULU, HI 9:00am - 11:00pm

Saturday, Apr 21 KONA, HI 8:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday, Apr 22 KAUAI (NAWILIWILI), HI 7:00am - 4:00pm

Monday, Apr 23 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Apr 24 FUN DAY AT SEA

Wednesday, Apr 25 FUN DAY AT SEA

Thursday, Apr 26 FUN DAY AT SEA

Friday, Apr 27 ENSENADA, MEXICO 8:00pm - 11:00pm

Saturday, Apr 28 SAN DIEGO, CA 7:00am

Yes it does. I think it was voted "best weather in the US". :) It has 330 days of sunshine according to our newscasters. It's in the 60s in the winter, 70s in Spring and Fall and maybe mid-80s in the summer.

That said, we live by the coast and it was FOGGY for the 4th of July. We had to go inland about 10 miles to see the fireworks last night. But, unlike you all, no rain. :p

So this am I drove DH and the kids to the airport at 6 and now I am ALL ALONE for a whole week whole they party it up at Grandma's house in Chicago. Yes, it's raining there. :) :) I am so excited, I hardly know what to do with myself. I decided to take the week off work too. I am going to be on these boards a bit this week so forgive me ahead of time.

Katherine

That does sound a bit like heaven... A week off with no plans and no commitments!

For me, the next two weeks are fully booked with work related matters. So, I may not have much time to post. Or, I may get so stressed with work I use the boards as an escape mechanism!

Mary

Day Port Arrive Depart

I've always been interested in a Hawaiian sailing, but fear I'd want more Hawaii and fewer days at sea.

Mary

I've always been interested in a Hawaiian sailing, but fear I'd want more Hawaii and fewer days at sea.

Mary

I don't mind the sea days but I do mind Carnival. ;) I would rather take the Golden or the Sapphire, both of which are going to HI in 2011 and 12 (out of LA). Just my personal preference...

Katherine

Linda, I can't believe it is so ugly in Glacier Bay! I guess I have been lucky before with the blue skies. Only once have I seen rain there and it cleared up before noon.. But it is beautiful!!!

I just read something I didn't know on the HAL board.

HAL now offers a catarmaran excursion to Tracy Arm. It departs directly from the ship and returns to Juneau. NCL has a similar excursion.

One of the best, if not the best, Alaskan excursions we've ever been on was a small boat sailing R/T from Juneau to Tracy Arm. The biggest problem was the length of time it takes to get to and return from Tracy Arm from a Juneau departure. The addition of the new excursion is awesome....Wish Princess had it....:(

Mary

I just read something I didn't know on the HAL board.

HAL now offers a catarmaran excursion to Tracy Arm. It departs directly from the ship and returns to Juneau. NCL has a similar excursion.

One of the best, if not the best, Alaskan excursions we've ever been on was a small boat sailing R/T from Juneau to Tracy Arm. The biggest problem was the length of time it takes to get to and return from Tracy Arm from a Juneau departure. The addition of the new excursion is awesome....Wish Princess had it....:(

Mary

I thought all of the cruise lines sailing Tracy Arm offered a similar excursion now. I could be wrong about that but I believe I read it somewhere on the CC boards....

I thought all of the cruise lines sailing Tracy Arm offered a similar excursion now. I could be wrong about that but I believe I read it somewhere on the CC boards....

Hmmm.... I looked on the Princess website and didn't see it listed under Shore Excursions. I'm toying with taking a last minute cruise this Sept. or Oct. Don't know if we'll take it or what the destination might be.

Anyway, I mentioned it to my husband and he said, "Been there, done that", no big deal...Guess he's not up for a repeat!

Mary

Hmmm.... I looked on the Princess website and didn't see it listed under Shore Excursions. I'm toying with taking a last minute cruise this Sept. or Oct. Don't know if we'll take it or what the destination might be.

Anyway, I mentioned it to my husband and he said, "Been there, done that", no big deal...Guess he's not up for a repeat!

Mary

Well, then I must have that wrong then. Sounds like a great excursion!

Day Port Arrive Depart

This is a good itinerary. Many of the cruiselines have shortened it to 14 days and cut Kona.

I love Hawaii, but a land-based vacation is better for us.

BTW - Another tropical system on the way for Thursday and Friday... more rain anyone?

Mary

Yes, the itinerary is great and I love the thought of seeing all these islands for such a great price :D

Of course it is all about the itinerary for me....the ship just gets me there!

Were still getting heavy rains here. It stopped about an hour ago but we're stuck in this pattern until Thursday :(

Yes, the itinerary is great and I love the thought of seeing all these islands for such a great price :D

Of course it is all about the itinerary for me....the ship just gets me there!

Were still getting heavy rains here. It stopped about an hour ago but we're stuck in this pattern until Thursday :(

Have you been to Hawaii before? We have been several times to all of the islands except Lanai and Molokai.

Rain is forecast here through Friday. The ground is still so saturated. Hope we don't have additional flooding.

Mary

Have you been to Hawaii before? We have been several times to all of the islands except Lanai and Molokai.

Mary

No, neither Margie or I have been to Hawaii so this is a great chance to see some of the islands and cruise :D

No, neither Margie or I have been to Hawaii so this is a great chance to see some of the islands and cruise :D

You are in for a treat... IMO much better than the Caribbean. Once you get to the point of making plans on each island, feel free to ask questions. I have very good friends that live in Honolulu. If I don't know the answer, I can always ask them.

Mary

You are in for a treat... IMO much better than the Caribbean. Once you get to the point of making plans on each island, feel free to ask questions. I have very good friends that live in Honolulu. If I don't know the answer, I can always ask them.

Mary

Thanks Mary! I'm sure we're going to have lots of questions :D

Good morning everyone!

The weekend is here again - love 4 day work weeks :D

Enjoy the day!

Glad this week is over... the longest short week ever!

Katherine, hope you've enjoyed your week off.

Not much rain in the forecast here. Hopefully the yard will dry out.

Mary

Archived