**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Hi everyone! I;m back home and worn out from trying to keep up with a 1 and 3 year old :eek: I really miss them already though :(

It is hot here today and I'm wishing I was sailing Alaska now!

Uh, oh....where did everyone go? I'm here talking to myself which always gets me into trouble :p

Sorry... I've been very busy at work and suddenly this cruise seems so far away...:(

The new Princess EZAir should be available to play with beginning next week. At least it's something to do!

My 53rd birthday is Saturday. Nothing really planned, but I always enjoy spending time with my DH.

It's unusually rainy here. The yard is soggy. Still hot.

I saw the chicken salad recipie on the Princess board yesterday. May try it soon... it is delicious.

Which RC ship have you sailed? Have you tried NCL?

Mary

The new Princess EZAir should be available to play with beginning next week. At least it's something to do!

Which RC ship have you sailed? Have you tried NCL?

Mary

I forgot about the EZ Air. I need to play around in there too!

I have sailed on the RCI Empress, Majesty, Splendour, Jewel and the Navigator. Never sailed on NCL but Margie has so she can give you dvise on that cruise line. I think her only complaint was the food? :confused:

As best I can tell, hello to Mary, Linda, and Katherine. We'd like to join in too:D

My wife and I booked this cruise the other day, and we could not be more excited. This is our first cruise to Alaska, and we picked it specifically because of the Vancouver to Seattle set up. Two cities that we've always wanted to visit, on top of the highlights of Alaska.

This will also be our first cruise on Princess. Being in Florida, we have always cruised on RCL and Carnival, but after a cruise on Carnival last month, we decided it was time to give one of the nicer lines a try. We booked a mini-suite and plan on enjoying this one to the fullest.

Look forward to talking with you all over the next year!

Hey guys,

I am at work too, totally drowning. I will post more tomorrow when my day off finally comes!

Welcome deej!!! What's your name? And where are you from? Inquiring minds wanna know...

Katherine

Welcome DJ and wife!

I think all of us picked this sailing for the unique itinerary and sailing from Vancouver is really beautiful! You are really going to love cruising to Alaska :D

My real name Daniel, I go by D.J., but my friends call me Deej:) I'm from Ocala, Florida, about an hour north of Orlando. My wife and I were married about 18 months ago, and we love to cruise. Well I should say we love to travel:D

My real name Daniel, I go by D.J., but my friends call me Deej:) I'm from Ocala, Florida, about an hour north of Orlando. My wife and I were married about 18 months ago, and we love to cruise. Well I should say we love to travel:D

Well welcome! If you coming to TPA to fly out maybe we'll end up on the same flight ;)

DJ, are you planning to pre-cruise in Vancouver and post-cruise in Seattle?

I know that RT airfare is usually a lot cheaper and Amtrak offers a nice train option to Vancouver. We won't be taking it until the day of cruise since we want to spend time in SEA this time.....

Well welcome! If you coming to TPA to fly out maybe we'll end up on the same flight ;)

Small world that you are from Palm Harbor. My grandfather lives in Dunedin, and I am down that way quite often spending time on his boat. Caladesi is one of my favorite spots...

As of right now we are planning on doing Vancouver for a couple days prior, and then spending the night in Seattle upon return. I've been researching our best bet for doing this and haven't quite landed on a plan yet. Of course, airfares aren't out yet so that will help in the decision. We have a free RT ticket on Delta, but its 48 states only, can't use it to Canada. We've talked about doing RT to Seattle and taking the shuttle bus to Vancouver. I'm not too thrilled about a 5 hour bus ride after flying cross country, but if there does end up being a big difference in price, it will likely be our plan. We have skymiles we could use, but we are trying to save those for a planned trip to Europe in 2012... Yes I plan my trips that far ahead:D

Any other suggestions on how to best handle the logisitics?

Small world that you are from Palm Harbor. My grandfather lives in Dunedin, and I am down that way quite often spending time on his boat. Caladesi is one of my favorite spots...

Any other suggestions on how to best handle the logisitics?

I love Caladesi Island! I live near Crystal Beach so I get to enjoy the Gulf beaches often :D

You may want to do the RT to Seattle and take the train up the coast to Vancouver. No border delays and it is very scenic and relaxing. Only problem is the train leaves Seattle at 7:40 am and the rest of the scheduled trips are done via bus service. Coming from FL you would have to overnight in Seattle the night before heading to Vancouver. The train ride is 4 hours. But there are plenty of nice airport hotels and it is easy to meet the train the next moring.

Hi, everyone

Just winding up a long week of work. Glad it's the weekend.

Welcome to our group Deej.... glad to have you.

Linda... you're such a tease. Listing the Alaska temperatures for those of us in South Texas that are roasting. But I guess the swealter is on in Florida too.

Many Golden reviews on the Princess board... wish one of them was mine!:D

Will check-in tomorrow.

Mary

Yes the list of those 50 degree temps was quite a tease, considering it was 98 plus heat index here today.

I think that's a great idea with the train Linda. We have always enjoyed taking trains, and it would be neat to see some of the coastal scenery. May have to try to get out to Seattle a day earlier then, so as to not lose some of our time in Vancouver. We are wanting as much time as possible there, and I especially hate to short a dinner somewhere as all I have read about is the amazing food!

Couple more weeks till airfare shows up, and I guess it will become clearer then.

I'm off to Disney for the weekend, hope everyone has a great one!

Funny about the weather being a tease....I was thinking that I wouldn't want the rain and cool temps during our cruise. I like May because it is usually drier but still cool :)

DJ, you are brave to tackle Disney in this heat :eek: A friend and I just booked our room today for October. We like to head over for the Food & Wine Festival :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good morning..

Disney for the weekend in June.. that is an endeavor... heat and the masses!

I, too, will be looking at airfare shortly. Will try to decide if booking with FF miles will be best or waiting for an airfare "deal".

The cruise fare I paid has increased by $50 pp...I'm looking for it to go down...:(

Mary

Good morning..

Disney for the weekend in June.. that is an endeavor... heat and the masses!

I, too, will be looking at airfare shortly. Will try to decide if booking with FF miles will be best or waiting for an airfare "deal".

The cruise fare I paid has increased by $50 pp...I'm looking for it to go down...:(

Mary

Mary, I think we will see some significant fare reductions on this sailing. It is early in the season and not RT from Seattle ;) Here's hoping anyway!

If you see any deals from IAH to SEA please post them. Margie may want to jump on one and I can probably book from TPA to join her.

Forgot to mention that fares from TPA to SEA are often as little as $129 plus taxes and fees - one way on American. Continental may match it though so I will be paying attention over the next 2 weeks when our dates open up!

DJ, heads up :)

Thanks for the heads up Linda, I'll keep an eye out.

Back from Disney. Meg and I do Disney a little different than most. No kids, so we don't tackle the parks too often in the summer. We went specifically to see the electrical parade and the new fireworks. Not needing to get to the park till 9pm helps with the heat, and it was extra magic hours, so we stayed till 2am:D We also go for food and wine a couple times each fall. She is running in a half marathon the first weekend in Oct, and we'll be hitting it up then.

DJ, glad you survived the heat at Disney this weekend. It was so hot I didn't even get all of my year work done :(

American Airlines dates should open up in about a week. If I spot anything I will post it!

I've been doing the same thing and I'm sure I'm driving my cabinmate crazy already! There is so much to do in SEA :D

We'll be enjoying views like this next year.....

76877560_LUzrW-M.jpg

11 months? Woo Hoooo! That makes it seem closer.

Keep the photos coming. Makes me feel cooler in this heat.

Have been researching potential cruises for late fall into early winter this year. Haven't found anything of interest yet. Have a Med sailing on Azamara booked, but don't think we'll be able to take a 2 weeker this year.

Two days until I can start looking at airfare for this cruise on Continental.

Will be watching golf starting tomorrow... US Open at Pebble Beach.

Linda, what has Margie had to say about the Sapphire? Were they in Code Red during her sailing?

Was very "involved" following the college football realignment drama this week. Glad everything turned out the way it did.

Mary

Archived