Queen Mary 2 - NY Photos

bobby1119

I was onboard for a reception and luncheon, and here are a few photos.

The ship looked nothing less than spectacular in Manhattan. It was great to see a Cunard liner at the westside piers.

After spending a great afternoon onboard, we went to Weehawkin to watch her sail away. Very impressive.

IMG_2841.jpg.39e5bf6a01bfcb54905c3e82f8573b41.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg.1097ff2043c1ef3927796146604f3993.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg.7cc0d727f6a2a1d5542178147e349c14.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg.0c7a4198f085cb02cee620a503d4d96f.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg.77b7c52ab75df194d4cb4e2d4805e748.jpg

http://videoboss.smugmug.com/Cunard-Ships/QM2-Manhattan-Pier-5-21-10/12259870_r3htT#874691787_eHgrs

Here are some of mine. May as well put these all in one place. It was a beautiful evening for a sailing. Enjoy. Maybe a few more by Monday. Busy couple of days coming up.

Thanks Winchester. Great shots, and I appreciated that you incorporated a description of the sounds in your text. If I had to pick my favorite photo, I would say it was #8 of 13. QM2 was at one with the NY sklyine at that moment, while retaining her individual identity.

Several of us watched ship's webcam, happy for those who experienced it live (you lucky salty dogs) :)

Cheers, thanks & kudos,

Salacia

Great photos, thanks for posting them.

I forgot to bring my camera, but I was able to take a few mobile phone photos yesterday too. I was commuting home from work one on of the ferries and managed to reach Weehawken at just the right time.

IMG_0354.jpg.342a27269d96ae90b1b70dd962982c58.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg.c0b6085c40f31b7d5520a0607e5b1f7c.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg.651ab28a56bac9e54989005ea9c7fd35.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg.56c914f2632f23cb954d7ed008045aa6.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful photos with us. Even I could not be there, I made a little timelapse movie of the departure from pictures of the QM2 webcam and another source and uploaded it to

Please enjoy ...

Frank

Great photo's i loved it when we used to sail in to Manhattan, Redhook wil never be as good.

Hope someone will see sense and let her dock there in the future.

While I agree that Redhook lacks that certain "ambiance", the West Side Passenger Ship Terminal is a royal PITA to get into and out of by car. We left out of there on Carnival and used public transportation from Long Island. The last 8 blocks were on foot as you couldn't get near the terminal. Entrance and exit from Redhook is a breeze. Bayonne is another story altogether. Talk about being in the middle of nowhere.

Bobby, your shots and the Adams shots are FINE! Reminds me of Friday's Facebook posts whereon some had not seen the Mary for some time and the special midtown arrival had many seeing again just how mighty she is. Even her lines now begn to please many. Indeed, the Mighty Mary!

Bobby, your shots and the Adams shots are FINE! Reminds me of Friday's Facebook posts whereon some had not seen the Mary for some time and the special midtown arrival had many seeing again just how mighty she is. Even her lines now begn to please many. Indeed, the Mighty Mary!

Thanks, Ed. She did look great at the pier, very impressive. The bow loomed over the top roadway at the pier, conveying an awesome sense of power and strength.

The reception in the Chart Room and luncheon afterwards were wonderful as well, especially chatting with some of the officers we have known for such a long time. N and I then spent some time with JF, who was sailing, in the Golden Lion, before disembarking for the trek over to Weehawkin to take photos of the sailing.

A truly great day made especially memorable because of the Manhattan location.

Wonderful photos. Oh, how I miss those days when Cunard sailed up and down the Hudson River to the cruise terminals on the west side of Manhattan.

I especially like the photos of the three of you holding flags.

Hi, Ted Scull. I was on board the Queen Mary 2 of November 2009, for a roundtrip crossing from Brooklyn. On the westbound crossing I attended all your presentations in Illuminations and always sat in the second row near the stage to get a good view of your slides and you. You were nice enough to chat with me and take a photo. That meant alot to me being I have been reading your articles in "Cruise Travel" for so many years.

Terrence

Archived