Liberty - Harry's Steakhouse - Kids?

bailey1999

We'll be on the Liberty in September and would love to try the Steakhouse. Do you see kids in there, or is it more of an adults' restaurant? If kids are allowed, are they also charged $30/pp? We're not sure yet how the kids will be regarding Camp Carnival and being away from us, so we hesitate to make a reservation.

They will only be charged if they eat off the adult menu. Kids menu is free everywhere.

The meal in the steakhouse is long and leisurely. Small children may not be able to stand being seated so long. Older kids should enjoy it very much.

I personally do not recommend taking children if they are unable to behave and sit for up to 2 hours as this is generally how long the dining experience is. I have seen children there who have been well behaved and had a great time and I have also seen the kids from hell who were evently asked to leave - only after 2 separate tables asked for their meals to be delivered to their rooms if something wasn't done. Also, children are charged $30 a head even if they order what is considered a childs menu - this is not the Lido or MDR it is a specialty restaurant and does not offer a childs menu. Acquaintances of ours were charged $30 for chicken fingers for their child. It is a per head charge and not what is ordered. People have just ordered a salad and soup as they did not like the entres and are still charges full price. I was informed by another poster that everything is prepared on site - not in the galley so if some one wants chicken fingers etc for their child they have to make special trips to another area to get them etc and this discourages that. We did not take our children until they were in their teens and could appreciate the meal and ambiance - others have taken their children at 7 and they all had an awesome time - it really is up to you and what you think your children can tolerate.

Acquaintances of ours were charged $30 for chicken fingers for their child. It is a per head charge and not what is ordered.

We did not travel with kids, but from what others have said, the charge is per entree. That may have changed, maybe to deter people from bringing kids to dinner with them. That's probably a good idea.

We sat next to a table which had no children, but adults who acted like children. You know the type... LOUD... and everything is funny. No matter what anyone says, they erupt in laughter. Ear splitting laughter.

Yes, we were right next to these jovial people and it seriously dampened the first half of our meal, but they did eventually leave and the rest of the meal was civilized.

It takes about 2 hours for the hole Harry's steak house experience I thought I would just put that out there for you:) I think that it was a great experience and if you think that your children will be able to sit through it. Then rock on and have a wonderful dinner experience and make lots of memories.

one more thing in my opinion and mine only It would not bother me at all if they were have a good time and your paying for your cruise just like everyone else and if they do happen to be little devils well everyone's children are at one point or another. Shoot we were kids once. I say go for it have a good time it's your vacation.

If they were well behaved ok....

but if they were "acting like little devils'??? Helloooo....yeah that would bother me

really Camp Carnival has some 'dinner" nights where the kids all eat together I saw them up in the lido buffet and they were having a lot of fun ...

that would probably be a good choice for many kids and younger kids...also a savings

and frankly more fair to your fellow guests

We took our then 7 year old, and was told she would be charged a fee IF she had an entree.

She had the porterhouse.

And, although I thought that I might have to take a stroll between courses, the need never arose.

We did get one dance in on the dance floor, as did others.

And we were done in an hour and a half, which is really no longer than the MDR.

Kids are allowed, but they WILL be charged they $30/per head fee doesn't matter what they order. Some freinds we met on the Liberty went the night after we did and the staff made it very clear what the rate was per person no matter the age.

Yes, they'll be charged the $30 pp. I haven't read the other responses, but irregardless of how other people see the restaurant, and no matter how well your kids are behaved, that's a LONG time for kids to be sitting there. Heck, even some of the adults in my party had a hard time sitting (though we had a larger party, of 10, it still took us three hours in the supper club...though I'm not complaining, it was wonderful and a nice break from the hubub of vacation).

We fed our kids at the buffet and took them to camp and then headed to the Steakhouse.

Archived