ugly ship

We had a Courtyard Villa on the Jewel last year on our Baltic Cruise. We got one for the Epic TA in June.

What surprises me is that it actually cost less than a Family Suite on RCL Jewel of the Seas.

Yes, that was a surprise not only to me, but to my husband. He was trying to think of some couples that we wouldn't mind splitting it with. ;) The private hot tub - the sun deck - the bar - the living room -- it was so big that at one point I got lost :eek:

I wouldn't care what the outside of the ship looked like. If this was ALL MINE -- who cares what the ship looked like?

This was Jewel -- but it was the Garden Villa -- this is all for one family -- not a public space

032.jpg

033.jpg

036.jpg

027.jpg

Yes, that was a surprise not only to me, but to my husband. He was trying to think of some couples that we wouldn't mind splitting it with. ;) The private hot tub - the sun deck - the bar - the living room -- it was so big that at one point I got lost :eek:

I wouldn't care what the outside of the ship looked like. If this was ALL MINE -- who cares what the ship looked like?

This was Jewel -- but it was the Garden Villa -- this is all for one family -- not a public space

Aren't these NCL Garden Villas something like 5,000 s.f.?!

The ship may look ugly from the outside, but it's what's on the inside that counts, just like with people.;) NCL is a very innovative line - they come out with ideas that the other cruise lines copy. I want to sail on the Epic very much - was booked on the TA, but had to cancel. :(

Nobody does suites like NCL, and BTW, Cunard also segregates suite passengers from others, even in the dining rooms.;)

I would love to sail in a villa, but I'll probably never have that opportunity.

I've toured the NCL Pearl, and loved it. I could just feel that there would be some action after 10 pm, and, being someone who loves nightlife, that is important to me.:)

Aren't these NCL Garden Villas something like 5,000 s.f.?!

Yes, 5,000 square feet. It is a massive space.

Back to the EPIC...that is a god-awful, funny looking ship! :eek:

And guess what, even the Epic has them -- which is how we got onto the topic. But thanks for your enlightening comment. :rolleyes:

Just because this is a Royal Caribbean board and we all talk RCI all the time. And YES, I will even go as far to say that I have always been known as a RCI Cheerleader -- I won't jump on the NCL Epic bashing bandwagon until I actually see the Epic.

The INSIDE of their ships are incredible. And you know -- the FOOD WAS GREAT. :eek:

The Allure of the Seas hands down

HUH? I can't think of an "ugly" RCI ship. You must just hate the size.

However..... Norwegian has really taken an ugly stick to the Epic. Agree with others, it is butt ugly. However, I would sail on it if the port lineup is right.

The Epic may look funny but if it wasn't a $1500 cost difference to switch flights and such I would have been on her this summer. They have Blueman group, Cirque dinner show,bowling and other things my 19 and 22 year olds would LOVE! Not that FOS isn't going to be wonderful but for our family I liked what Epic had to offer a little more...

My first impression whan I seen the epic is that it looked like Herman Munsters head.:)

themunsterstvposter005.jpg

Oh My Gosh - you are so right! So much more descriptive than I thought, which was that it looks like it's wearing a crown on its head.By the way, you're not THAT Bobby Orr, are you? If so, we have your picture on our hockey hall of fame wall.

Oh, while I agree we should probably not be bashing another cruise line's ship, there's a thread over on Norwegian about the Epic shower - that's where in most staterooms, there is no real bathroom, but 2 frosted glass enclosures for the shower and toilet, with the sink in the actual stateroom. Fun, wow. No thanks, not for me.

Archived