Thank you, Seattle

Tom_n_Sara

We spent 2 days precruise in Seattle on May 12-14. Thank you to all those who gave suggestions about where to go and what to do!

It is a great city! We strolled thru the Market, ate some amazing clam chowder, and ferried to Bainbridge.

Your ideas just made our stay special!

Seattle is such an awesome cruise port! Lots to do and see.

I have been wanting to do the ferry over to Bainbridge and you just reminded me to look at that again for next year :D

Seattle is a great place, lots to do and see, it takes more than a few days. I came here for a visit in 1974 and never left. We are still doing and seeing new things. A good place to visit and a great place to live.

We looked at taking the ferry to Bainbridge. What did you do when you got there? Did you have a car? We have 2 full days starting on the 10th and I am trying to plan everything wonderful to do! Glad that you had such a good trip.

We looked at taking the ferry to Bainbridge. What did you do when you got there? Did you have a car? We have 2 full days starting on the 10th and I am trying to plan everything wonderful to do! Glad that you had such a good trip.

We love Seattle, we have vacationed there several times.

One year we took the ferry to Bainbridge Island. We went to the Bloedel Reserve http://www.bloedelreserve.org . It came highly recommended from a friend and we really enjoyed it. It's a huge nature/wildlife preserve, lots of birds and things to look at. We saw several eagles there, and a huge nest! It has nice trails to walk through. You have to reserve a day to visit by going online, they only take so many people each day. I do not remember how much it cost but it was worth it. The day we were scheduled to go it was forcast to rain all day so I called them and re-scheduled for the following day. It still misted off and on that day but it did not dampen our plans for being outside that day.

That is all we did the day we went to Bainbridge Island but I'm sure there is more to do!

• 1 month later...

I went to Bainbridge Island a few years ago with a friend. Her grandmother had a house out there. We walked down to the beach (east side of the island off of the 305) during low tide and it was so cool to see the millions of sand-dollars, star fish, and big sea snails. I'm not sure how the public would access it. Maybe just park somewhere and walk to it. But it was truly a cool-cool experience.

Archived