cooking class excursion through Carnival

J England

I am not sure what the exact name is but you some beach time after.

Anyone done this? What did you think?

My cousin and I our going (just us girls: no husbands, no kids) in July. We both have been to Cozemul before and would like to do something different.

There are actually three cooking classes on Cozumel. Playa Mia can only be booked through your cruise line. Mr. Sancho's that cannot be booked through the cruise line. Both of these are on beaches with leaisure time after the class.

Do a search for "cooking" and you will see lots of threads about all of them.

My husband and I did this through Carnival in Cozumel. A lot of fun. We made an appetizer, entree and dessert....and then afterwards sat on the beach. I remember the chef started off with a question "What's the first thing we do before we start to prepare food?" And the other couple with us said "Wash your hands." No. The correct answer was "Have a margarita!" We did. They were extremely good!

2 years ago my sister and I tried to do this excursion with Carnival. At the dock the excursion people said that they would not take us. We were the only one's booked for this excursion. They have now changed the description so that this will not happen again. We were really disappointed because that was the only excursion we were going on. We did get our money back. She uses a walker but it has a seat to it so she thought she could just sit down for a while when she needed to. And I am only 4'8"tall. I was too short to do it. I had called Carnival before booking this before our cruise to make sure that her disability was not a problem. I didn't think about my height as it was not mentioned. They told us that there was nothing in the description that would make it not available to her.

tigercat

• 4 weeks later...

We did the Mexican Cuisine Cooking class through Carnival and it was a blast. 4 went - hubby, sister and adult niece. Cooked an appetizer, main dish, dessert, then got to eat it. Oh yeah, free unlimited alcohol. Total blast.

Plus everyone else in our group had their excursions cancelled due to the weather, ours was inside and air conditioned!

• 1 month later...
We did the Mexican Cuisine Cooking class through Carnival and it was a blast. 4 went - hubby, sister and adult niece. Cooked an appetizer, main dish, dessert, then got to eat it. Oh yeah, free unlimited alcohol. Total blast.

Plus everyone else in our group had their excursions cancelled due to the weather, ours was inside and air conditioned!

Why do you say it was a blast? I'm trying to talk myself into this...but cooking while I'm on a cruise may be just work!

Why do you say it was a blast? I'm trying to talk myself into this...but cooking while I'm on a cruise may be just work!

Well, first, if you drink, they keep em coming. Second, if you like to cook, then learning new recipes are fun. Third, the chef and assistant are a hoot. Fourth, it's air conditioned and while you are inside cooking and having fun you look outside at the others baking in the hot sun right out the kitchen windows and say "glad I'm in here". It definitely cannot be considered work, especially when all the chopping and slicing,etc are already done for you. You mostly are assembling the ingredients.

Well, first, if you drink, they keep em coming. Second, if you like to cook, then learning new recipes are fun. Third, the chef and assistant are a hoot. Fourth, it's air conditioned and while you are inside cooking and having fun you look outside at the others baking in the hot sun right out the kitchen windows and say "glad I'm in here". It definitely cannot be considered work, especially when all the chopping and slicing,etc are already done for you. You mostly are assembling the ingredients.

The class sounds fantastic. My husband wants to do Tulum through Carnival. I am not keen on it.

Did you notice if there were any singles on this excursion? Would they let me join another group do you think? Yes, I drink.

Thanks,

Sandy

The class sounds fantastic. My husband wants to do Tulum through Carnival. I am not keen on it.

Did you notice if there were any singles on this excursion? Would they let me join another group do you think? Yes, I drink.

Thanks,

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I went as a single, since my husband was scuba diving. I was matched up with a mother/daughter and we had a blast. The drinks flow freely and the chef is delightful. It was a great way to spend the day, even by myself.

Lisa

Hi Sandy,

I went as a single, since my husband was scuba diving. I was matched up with a mother/daughter and we had a blast. The drinks flow freely and the chef is delightful. It was a great way to spend the day, even by myself.

Lisa

Thank you very much Lisa!

Sandy

The ride back and forth is included?

How long afterwards, (how much beach time) do you get before you have to head back?

Thanks

Yes, they took us over on the bus that was taking people to the Playa Mia Beach Break excursion. We had an hour or so of beach time after the cooking class.

Archived