Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

Y'know, I've been on the ship seven times now, and I never noticed this bar until this last one... I guess you DO learn something new every day!

Yes, I keep finding new things every time we sail. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I think I need to book a cruise to go take a picture of this bar you are talking about :D It sounds like a good excuse to me.

cruise_pirate, I am disappointed to hear they did not add Blue Iguana... Hope they will do so in future. Got to have my Huevos Rancheros ;)

Just a FYI when they added them to the breeze they just stamped the 2 lidos bars no food included just same old bars different look. All they have room for on fascination as well when it ever happens.

If I can figure out how to PM you, I will tell you exactly which cabin we have. I just don't like to post things like that on public boards...

Hi, Joanskid! Hooe you had a great cruise! I posted the pictures on your roll call. Let me know if you want the originals. APDMOM@live.com

• 1 month later...
We will be taking our first ever cruise on April 18!! Would love to get you to snap a few shots if you able!! :)

Hi! I had you on my schedule to take pics on Thursday. However, I notice you are sailing on Sensation. So, I will be unable to take pictures for you. Hope you enjoy your first cruise! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. I am sailing out of JAX on 5/23. My son is stationed at NAS Mayport, so while I sail with the girls, my hubby is going to hang out with his son, can you tell me a good place for them to watch the sailaway?

Thanks,

kathy

Quick question. I am sailing out of JAX on 5/23. My son is stationed at NAS Mayport, so while I sail with the girls, my hubby is going to hang out with his son, can you tell me a good place for them to watch the sailaway?

Thanks,

kathy

Hi, Kathy,

We always watch the ship in Mayport. Your son will probably know the spot. It is a beach just across from where the helicopters land and take off during practice. When you drive from Wonderwood on A1A, it is on the left just after the road makes a sharp right turn toward the ferry and the entrance to Mayport.

The ship usually gets there between 5 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. That is the best place I have found. There are various areas along the St.Johns river to watch the ship, but "our" beach gets you up close and personal with the ship! :) Look at that!

DSC_0021.jpg

APDMOM - Just a reminder. We're on the May 11 sailing heading for Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau.

There are more that a hundred people on the roll call, and we'll all be on the starboard aft corner of the Verandah deck for a Meet-and-Greet that I will try to keep going until we pass "your" beach. This crazy bunch has set a new record for "Replies" and "Views" on the Fascination's Rollcall list. There's a bunch of folks from the JAX-Mayport-St. Augustine area that will be on the cruise.

Balconies are sold out, 1 OB suite left all the rest sold, a handful of OV's on the Riviera deck and all the rest gone, and less than 50 Interior cabins left. Think the ship will be a sell out?

See you then, if the weather cooperates!

ADDED: We took the forward-most GS on the starboard side (the balconies that are cut into the side of the Upper deck, not on the added sponsons) and the connecting OV next to it, but my crowd and I should all be up at the M&G. I'll be in my orange shirt as usual...

Edited by oldrailfan
ADDED

APDMOM - Just a reminder. We're on the May 11 sailing heading for Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau.

There are more that a hundred people on the roll call, and we'll all be on the starboard aft corner of the Verandah deck for a Meet-and-Greet that I will try to keep going until we pass "your" beach. This crazy bunch has set a new record for "Replies" and "Views" on the Fascination's Rollcall list. There's a bunch of folks from the JAX-Mayport-St. Augustine area that will be on the cruise.

Balconies are sold out, 1 OB suite left all the rest sold, a handful of OV's on the Riviera deck and all the rest gone, and less than 50 Interior cabins left. Think the ship will be a sell out?

ADDED: We took the forward-most GS on the starboard side (the balconies that are cut into the side of the Upper deck, not on the added sponsons) and the connecting OV next to it, but my crowd and I should all be up at the M&G. I'll be in my orange shirt as usual...

Wow! That is quite a group you have! I've got you on my calendar... Enjoy the last few days of countdown. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Oldrailfan :) The ship must have been running pretty late today... Unfortunately, we had to leave at 5:40 p.m. and still did not see any sign of it approaching by that time. Hope you got out okay & are enjoying your trip!

Hey APDMOM,

We are sailing on 6/29 with a group -- if you decide to be there that Saturday, the link to the roll call is in my signature. Thanks for sharing what you have -- I'm SO excited!

Hi Carolyn, I put you on my calendar. "See" you then, if the weather cooperates :)

• 1 month later...
Hey APDMOM,

We are sailing on 6/29 with a group -- if you decide to be there that Saturday, the link to the roll call is in my signature. Thanks for sharing what you have -- I'm SO excited!

Hi, Carolyn,

I took your pictures :) It sure was beautiful at the river. I will upload and post them on your roll call sometime before you return. I have to figure out how to do it on Flickr, since my Photobucket account is full for now...

Hi, Oldrailfan :) The ship must have been running pretty late today... Unfortunately, we had to leave at 5:40 p.m. and still did not see any sign of it approaching by that time. Hope you got out okay & are enjoying your trip!

Yeah, we were a little late, and the weather didn't help our M&G... Half of us met on the Verandah deck as planned, but the other half thought it was rained out and met on the Promenade. Anyway, we didn't pass your beach until after 6:00. Don't know why we got away so late, but there were still luggage racks on the pier after muster drill...

On another thread, you asked about my next B2B. You must have noted the listing in my signature, so here's the details - Monday, Sep 30, outbound to Nassau and LSC, turn-around on the Oct 5 cruise to HMC and Nassau. We'll be in the starboard-most aft facing balcony on Empress Deck (E 255) for both cruises.

There is very little activity on the roll calls for either cruise, so there probably won't be a M&G. I'll be on my balcony in a bright shirt... (unless the ship is late and we've gone to dinner ;) )

Edited by oldrailfan

Yeah, we were a little late, and the weather didn't help our M&G... Half of us met on the Verandah deck as planned, but the other half thought it was rained out and met on the Promenade. Anyway, we didn't pass your beach until after 6:00. Don't know why we got away so late, but there were still luggage racks on the pier after muster drill...

I think we were late leaving because of the Coast Guard inspection that delayed the boarding process for so long earlier in the day.

On another thread, you asked about my next B2B. You must have noted the listing in my signature, so here's the details - Monday, Sep 30, outbound to Nassau and LSC, turn-around on the Oct 5 cruise to HMC and Nassau. We'll be in the starboard-most aft facing balcony on Empress Deck (E 255) for both cruises.

There is very little activity on the roll calls for either cruise, so there probably won't be a M&G. I'll be on my balcony in a bright shirt... (unless the ship is late and we've gone to dinner ;) )

Got you down. We should be there at least one of the two days... It is always nice at the river in the fall! Enjoy planning :)

Got you down. We should be there at least one of the two days... It is always nice at the river in the fall! Enjoy planning :)

We will be sailing out of Jacksonville Sept. 7. Is there a chance you will be able to add us to your calendar?

etchdreams