Roll call for Silver Whisper 12 June 2010

Dimity

:) This will be our second Silversea experience and we're really looking forward to our forthcoming Baltic cruise. We were thinking about doing the 12 hour day trip to Berlin from Rostock in Germany. Any feedback on this trip would be useful.

We'll be on the ship just before you. Maybe I'll leave you a token or note somewhere on the ship. I'll be posting updates during our cruise so I will try to keep you informed. I'm excited about all the updates to the ship while it's been in dry dock. Hope you have a great trip!

We will be on the Silver Whisper doing the Baltics cruise as well. Does anyone know the options that we would have to get a transfer from the Milestone Hotel in London to the port in Southhampton to board our ship? We are thinking of taking the train - but since this is our very first time in London, we're not sure this is a good option. Thankyou!

Hello Everestclimber, suggest the train would be your best option from London to Southampton. We have decided to travel by hire car to Southampton from East Sussex the day before sailing and spending the night in a hotel close to the wharf so we don't have to worry about any transport delays. Do you know what time we are able to board the vessel as we haven't received our cruise documents from Silversea as yet? I have heard you can board from midday onwards. Cheers

My husband and I will be on this cruise. We will be staying in London and purchased transfers from London to South Hampton through Silversea. They will be picking us up from the Churchill Hotel. A welcome letter at the hotel will notify us of the time. You need not be staying at the Churchill hotel to arrange these transfers, simply call Silversea.

We will be on the Silver Whisper doing the Baltics cruise as well. Does anyone know the options that we would have to get a transfer from the Milestone Hotel in London to the port in Southhampton to board our ship? We are thinking of taking the train - but since this is our very first time in London, we're not sure this is a good option. Thankyou!

We got off the Spirit in Southampton on May 7th. We took the train to London Waterloo station. It was easy and inexpensive (32 pounds each, I believe) and only took about 1 hour 40 mins plus taxi time. The port in Southampton was only about a 10 min taxi ride. (I think we paid less than 10 pounds with gratuity to get there) You could do this in reverse.

We heard of people paying 300 pounds or more for private transfers. The savings helped pay for our week-end in London!

However you get there, DO enjoy your trip!

Patty

Archived