Baggage Time on Destiny

Hi Fellow Cruiser's

Can anyone tell me what time we have to leave Luggage outside cabin door on the Last Night, and also Time we have to Vacate Cabin morning of departure.

Thankyou One and All.

Reebok.:cool:

Hi Fellow Cruiser's

Can anyone tell me what time we have to leave Luggage outside cabin door on the Last Night, and also Time we have to Vacate Cabin morning of departure.

Thankyou One and All.

Reebok.:cool:

It has never been consistent but depends on the cruise - usually the bags are before 2.00am in the morning but never known it before 12.30 am and vacate cabins typically by anytime up to 10.00am but often earlier but I have never known or recollect it be before 8.30 am.

If you are leaving later in the day you can ask reception if you can book a cabin ( at a charge ) for the last day but your cases will still have to go during the night.

One person ( not me ) who did a cruise only kept their cases and walked off the ship with them on the last day when they disembarked- I have never done that and would not do so nor recommend it. If you need something from your case on your last day it can be accessed in the luggage shed and you can take whatever you need from it back on the ship so why havethe problem of carrying the whole case off yourself !!!

Of course your return flight may mean you are leaving the ship just after breakfast in the morning so the time of having to vacate your cabin may not even be reached !!

have a great cruise

We were on the Destiny 8 May.We had a letter pushed under the cabin door on Thursday.We had to leave cases outside cabins by 2am and we had to vacate our cabin by 8.30am.

Flopsy

We did not arrive in the cabin til 230am, we had mostly everything packed but the couple along with us had nothing done so they had to rush and pack up quickly, them under the influence of many a cocktail.

Next morning, I get a knock at the door, mate standing their in his bear feet, his wife had packed all the footwear away:D Luckily for him I still had all my footwear as take it in my hold all bag on to the plane so big case is lighter and holds more clothing etc...

Seeing all them bags outside the cabins that time of the morning is just asking for someone with a bit of the devil in them to change all the tags on peoples cases, that would lead to some chaos.

We did not arrive in the cabin til 230am, we had mostly everything packed but the couple along with us had nothing done so they had to rush and pack up quickly, them under the influence of many a cocktail.

Next morning, I get a knock at the door, mate standing their in his bear feet, his wife had packed all the footwear away:D Luckily for him I still had all my footwear as take it in my hold all bag on to the plane so big case is lighter and holds more clothing etc...

Seeing all them bags outside the cabins that time of the morning is just asking for someone with a bit of the devil in them to change all the tags on peoples cases, that would lead to some chaos.

yes they start moving the cases at 2.00 am ish but the procedure takes a couple of hours so sometimes you can still put it out at say 3.30 am and it will go - I have even known them do a final sweep and pick up any late cases from floors they have finished but you can not guarantee they will do this. We tend to part pack in the early evening and then last items after midnight and put the case out nearer 2.00 am when most have gone to bed !

Archived