Home from Boudicca-Western Med 29/4/10

amberline

Hi, we returned from the above cruise just over a week ago and this is the first time I have had chance to comment on it.

I had never been on boudicca before had only been on Black Prince which I loved and I have to admit that I at first kept comparing.

We arrived at Langdon Dock ahead of our check in time but were very pleased to find that we didn't have to wait, we booked in and were on board within minutes.

We had an outside cabin on marina deck which was adequate for us as we do not spend a lot of time in the cabin, we prefer to mix. Love the tea and coffee tray in cabin, nice to make a brew in morning!!!

As this was the first cruise after the "Deep Clean" there were certain restrictions, i.e you couldn't serve yourself at buffetts, use the pools or jaccuzzis but all restrictions were raised after 3 days.

We didn't try the special afternoon tea served in the observation lounge, but have to admit it looked very nice with the white tablecloths and china and each table having there own matching tea pot etc. I did speak to someone who tried it and they were very impressed by the selection of sandwiches and cakes, but did say as they were on first sitting for evening meal it did spoil there dinner lol.

As always the staff were fab, special mentions for May waitress in lido lounge who was always there when we needed a drink, in fact after the first night she knew what we drank, much to my husbands joy!! also Raffy and Pong our waiters in the four seasons resturant, and Nicholas the wine waiter, nothing was to much trouble for any of these.

I do have to comment on the lack of seating in the Neptune Lounge, We were on first sitting and by the time we had eaten and got there for the first show it was nearly full as people went to the buffet in the secret garden then straight into the neptune. The Night of the Crew show was standing room only, also the passenger talent show, which was very good and a special mention to "Mrs Mouse" and her husband who did a very good routine to a Victoria Wood song. Overall the shows were just as we expected, well done.

Also on this point, if you are going to open dining, would it not be a good idea to let either your waiter in main dining room or your table mates know so that your waiter can take the tables order. At the start of our cruise there were 2 empty seats at our table, a couple who were on second sitting changed to first, but only came into the dining room three times, these places could have been allotted to someone who really wanted them.

A special Hi to anyone who was on deck 7 aft first thing in the morning (the smoking deck) we had quite a club and many an early morning joke.

Overall we had a wonderful cruise, it is not a route I would consider again, but have booked boudicca again for next year.:D

glad you had a good time on boudicca ,i am going on here on the 6th of june but like youthe only other f.o. ship i have been on was the black prince and loved her to bits.

i hope i dont try compare .weare on atlantic deck o/s,like you we dont spend mush time in our cabin.

as for tea in cabin never had this before .

Hi Sue was pleased you enjoyed the cruise and Boudicca, Having sailed the day you returned. We too compared Boudicca to the old faithful Black Prince. I really must admit some of the staff a bit rude but we took it in our stride. Yes Lido deck was the in place for us too, lived out there day and night even in the freezing cold Anne and Dave rang they are booking next yr cruise with us lol. THE ONLY illness aboard was a lady who had a heart attack, No sign of the Norovirus for THIS CRUISE . The fog delayed us getting into Langton by several hours. But thank you Fred Olsen for providing us with meals and entertainment. Also he provided the next cruise passengers with meals while they waited it board.

glad you had a good time on boudicca ,i am going on here on the 6th of june but like youthe only other f.o. ship i have been on was the black prince and loved her to bits.

i hope i dont try compare .weare on atlantic deck o/s,like you we dont spend mush time in our cabin.

as for tea in cabin never had this before .

Hiya Andy mac We are travelling on Boudicca on 6th June also from Greenock Thought there was no one else going to be on this ship. Would love to hear from you. We are Joan & Dougie in our sixties and we are at 1st sitting for meals.

Hi McMole Andy Mac here

Glad to here from someone else going on this cruise like you we were begining to think no one else was.

We are also first sitting in the Tintaginal retaurant.

We are also in our sixties (Andy & Maureen) glad we are not only ones on ship

Hi McMole Andy Mac here

Glad to here from someone else going on this cruise like you we were begining to think no one else was.

We are also first sitting in the Tintaginal retaurant.

We are also in our sixties (Andy & Maureen) glad we are not only ones on ship

Hi Andy & Maureen

We are on early sitting at Tintagel as well We must try and arrange to meet somewhere on day of getting on ship or next day. What do you think and where? I see you are from Ayrshire. Dougie used to live in Kilmarnock 20 years ago. Hope to meet up.

Joan & Dougie :)

Hi Andy & Maureen

How about meeting in the Observatory Deck 8 around 11am on Monday 7th that would give us time to unpack and look around ship on Sunday. I have dark hair slim and will carry a straw hat so that you know who I am. How can we recognize yourselves? Starting to pack today.

Joan:)

hi joan & dougie.

that is fine.maureen has fair hair & wears glasses.

as for myself i have short hair going bald.

i willbe carring book called MONTY PANESAR MONTY'S TURN.

we need to wait till to-morrow to pack as grand daughter is coming to stay to-night.

see you on monday

andy & maureen

Archived