Please Help Choosing a Cave Tubing Company

Brenda33

We are a family of 4 traveling on the Carnival Dream this August. We are a mom and Dad in our 40's with a daughter age 21 and a son age 8. I am looking for a safe reliable, yet fun tour. I am wondering if we should book through Carnival (tons of money) or go with one of the private companies....and if so, which one. I like the idea of us being linked together too.....feels safer. All opinions are welcome. Thank you for your help. :)

p.s. I also considered the airboat tour ....if anyone has done this please list your opinions on that also. Thanks again.

We did the cave tubing with Yhony at cave-tubing dot com. It was a wonderful experience. They had leaders per 5-6 people. Everyone connected their tubes with

a leader. They were very informative and fun. The Carnvial excursion people were just

left to float individually causing chaos. I felt sorry for them. This may have changed in the

last few years as it was 2006 when we were there.

Whichever you choose, have fun!!!

We just got off the valor. We went through NCQ. They were amazing !! They actually called me in the phone to answer the questions I had emailed to them. Nacho and Cynthia are beautiful people! They were very patient in waiting for us, we had a few late risers that missed the first tenders out. We had a total of 17 people in our group. We had two vans that catered to us They kept us entertained on the ride in, and on the ride out we stopped and picked up some cashew wine. Their equipment was a great condition I took notice of the difference in some of the operations out there and although this was my first time cave tubing I saw that the life vests that were used were actual watersport vests not the orange ones tgat just wrap around your neck. The tubes were yellow and some were orange. They seemed bigger then some of the other tubes out there so our buts never dragged the bottom. We had amazing guides. They told us about the island, palm trees, termites and leaf cutter ants. They also did a good job in keeping us away from the sides of the caves. We had people in our group who's ages ranges from 18 to 40 and they interacted well with everyone. We had a delicious lunch with a huge variety of food, too much to finish actually. At the end we couldn't help but to hug Nacho and Cynthia and some even hugged the guides (who's names I have forgotten but I do have pictures). Please feel free to email ne if you want to see them!!

We used Reggie's tours in March of this year. Had a private tour for 4 of us with one guide in the water who also was our driver. Had another guide who told us about Belize on the way to the river. We hooked ourselves together via our legs. Probably not necessary but good way to keep track of everyone. About $30-$40 cheaper than Carnival and much more private. Loved the tour.

We used Reggie's tours in March of this year. Had a private tour for 4 of us with one guide in the water who also was our driver. Had another guide who told us about Belize on the way to the river. We hooked ourselves together via our legs. Probably not necessary but good way to keep track of everyone. About $30-$40 cheaper than Carnival and much more private. Loved the tour.

Do you have a website for Reggie? Also, I am concerned about making it back to the ship on time. How much time did you have to spare?

what type of tubes did you have?

They are a good size and while not heavy...they can be bulky to walk with.

Hubby and oldest son used Yhony a couple of years ago and had an excellent experience. cave-tubing.com

We also went with Nacho and Cynthia through ncq adventure tours. They were AWESOME!! We did the zip line as well and they were very conscious and aware of the time. They got us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. Nacho is highly entertaining wich made the whole experience much much enjoyable.

As for being hooked together, it was just my husband and me on their tour and we had no desire to be hooked together. I would imagine they would be able to hook you up if that is what you prefer. I would definitely recommend those two, they were fabulous!

Archived