Star Princess Transatlantic Venice to Rio 12/08/2011

shaq

My partner and I have just booked this cruise which will be our first west-bound TA. It will be our second TA but our very first time in Rio.

Two years ago we did the Royal Princess Amazon River cruise from FLL to Manaus. Previously we had done FLL to Santiago and then Santiago to BA. We just came back from the 4/19/10 sailing, our first east-bound TA, on the Celebrity Equinox from FLL to Rome.

Is there any family already booked on this cruise? Anyone planning to book the cruise should book it as soon as possible as it appears the sailing is quite full and this TA is a very popular crossing.

See you on shipboard!

• 2 months later...

Wow. You really booked this one in advance. My husband and I are doing Rome to Rio THIS December, and there are still plenty of spots. Our itinerary is very different from yours, though. You hit the Greek isles, while we do Cannes, Barcelona and Morocco before heading across the Atlantic.

Have a great trip!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We have just put the deposit down. This will be our first TA and first time in Rio. We were on a Brazilian cruise last year out of Sao Paulo, which bypassed Rio.

Since we will be arriving in Rio on Christmas Eve and we want to get home by New Year's Eve to rest up and get everything back in order before going back to work on Jan. 2nd after being away for an entire month, we have a week to fill after the cruise. Would definitely like to spend a few days over Christmas in Rio. Looked at a side trip to Iguazu Falls, but Trip Advisor forum indicates at least 3 days and the airfare is pretty expensive. The other choice is Buenos Aires and the airfare is actually cheaper than Iguazu Falls. Anyway, still time before we have to finalize the details.

By the way, did you guys know that the Star Princess is going into dry docks in Venice for some unfinished refit just before our cruise? From the Cruisecritic boards, I gather it isn't anything major in the public areas, but most likely in the suites which they didn't manage to refit due to problems at the last dry dock. In any case, the ship will probably get a once-over while in dry docks and be looking fresh when we board.

Have you guys found a review of a similar past TA by the Star Princess? Would like to read it.

Paul

Archived