Taxi into Playa del Carmen $$$

ajneedhams

Can someone tell me how far it is from the Calica port to North Playa del Carmen? (specifically Mamitas or Tukan Beach Clubs) How much would the taxi fare be? Thank you.

P.S. This board seems so dead. Our other port of call is Cozumel and it is just hopping with info.:confused:

Can someone tell me how far it is from the Calica port to North Playa del Carmen? (specifically Mamitas or Tukan Beach Clubs) How much would the taxi fare be? Thank you.

P.S. This board seems so dead. Our other port of call is Cozumel and it is just hopping with info.:confused:

I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question about the taxi. I too had the same concerns about this board being dead - but I think it is just that not nearly as many ships stop in Calica as do Cozumel. I really liked the Calica port, myself.

Wish I could remember how much the taxi charged! I think the taxis charge the same whether two or four people, so couples might be able to double up and save. We were dropped at the south end of Playa, at a new shopping area. We wandered along the shops and into the area near the old pier. Then picked up on 5th Ave (paralleling the water), and wandered slowly up to the north end where we ended up on the beach at Mamitias. After a great time on the beach we walked a short distance back down 5th Ave before getting a taxi back to the ship. I think we paid either $10 or $14 for that taxi. Sorry we can't remember exactly how much it was. We enjoyed PdC and plan to return for a land vacation some day.

Archived