Thinking of First P&O voyage

Fredbarney

Morning all,

Am currently thinking about booking the Ventura Caribbean jobbie in Nov 10. I have never cruised P&O despite been a Brit myself.

Have done NCL, Celebrity and RCL (was hit by the Bears in our second week :-(

We are 42yoa no kids travelling with another couple who will be first time cruisers.

Oh also I am advised that the drinks prices are fairly resonable on P&O.

any tips / advice / no go suggestions gratefully received.

We are looking to book this this week so hurry hurry hurry :D.

Thanking u all .

Morning all,

Am currently thinking about booking the Ventura Caribbean jobbie in Nov 10. I have never cruised P&O despite been a Brit myself.

Have done NCL, Celebrity and RCL (was hit by the Bears in our second week :-(

We are 42yoa no kids travelling with another couple who will be first time cruisers.

Oh also I am advised that the drinks prices are fairly resonable on P&O.

any tips / advice / no go suggestions gratefully received.

We are looking to book this this week so hurry hurry hurry :D.

Thanking u all .

Hi

Ventura is a lovely ship (despite what some may tell you) - go for it. The drinks are fairly reasonably priced on P&O and don't have a 15% gratuity added either.

Having sailed on RCI as well as P&O I would say that the food is much better on P&O. We're in the same age range as you (although we also have a 10 year old) and have really enjoyed all of the P&O cruises we've done including the Caribbean ones.

What sort of cabin are you looking at? Is there anything specific you want advice on?

Debbie:)

We spent Christmas and New Year on Ventura in the Caribbean. If you can afford/want a balcony cabin, go for one on C-deck as they are twice the size of the others. We had one and had some shade from the balcony above and some sun as half the balcony is open, so the best of both worlds. We had (free) room service breakfast on the balcony every morning, lovely. If you have neighbouring cabins there is a door between the two balconies which you can have opened.

We were a group of all-adults and enjoyed our holiday with some wonderful food and staff. Personally though I prefer the more intimate atmosphere on a smaller ship, and we did seem to do an awful lot of walking between venues in the evenings! There is almost too much going on, you need to make sure you read the daily news and plan your next day's activities so you don't miss something you really fancied.

The Caribbean is my ideal destination and at that time of year to have temperatures of 30c is a real treat.

Carol x

Thanks Debbie,

We will probably go for the balcony and our friends the inside.

I have heard that you haven't got to smuggle booze onto P&O like you do on others is this true ?

Not really sure what advice I am after just a reassure really which you have managed to do :-)

No you don't have to smuggle booze onboard unlike the American lines (at the moment anyway, who knows if it'll change).

The C deck balconies are a good compromise as they are partly shaded and not completely overlooked from above, unlike D deck. We had a balcony cabin on A deck and no matter how hard you tried to avoid it you couldn't help looking below, particularly when on the lookout for dolphins!

Debbie:)

Archived