aurora 4 berth cabins.

g18

hi

looking at a 23 night cruise with my wife and 2 children 14 and 4.

has any one ever stayed in a 4 berth cabin, with their family?. is it too much of a squeeze! any info would be great thanks.

richard

Hi I don't have a family, so this is just from what I have read, but 4 in a cabin does seem to be a bit of a squeeze. I think the children will possibly end up sleeping in drop downs from the ceiling. Also depends what type of cabin you are having. If there is a sofa in it the sofa usally converts into a bed.

hi

looking at a 23 night cruise with my wife and 2 children 14 and 4.

has any one ever stayed in a 4 berth cabin, with their family?. is it too much of a squeeze! any info would be great thanks.

richard

Hi Richard

We did a 23 night cruise to the Caribbean onboard Aurora in 2007. We had a balcony cabin for the 3 of us (me, DH and our then 8 year old) and the third person slept on a sofabed which I think would be a bit of a squeeze for 4 (especially if one of the kids kicks and moves about like ours:eek:).

The cabins where the 3rd and 4th beds drop from the ceiling are probably roomier as the beds are only made up of an evening after you've gone for dinner and then put away again in the morning.

If you only use the cabin for sleeping, as we do, then you should be OK. One tip is to get some of those hanging storage thingies from either lakeland or betterware - it saves everyone from fighting over drawer space and is useful for putting the kids' t-shirts in.

Debbie:)

thanks for all the replies

the premium between a twin cabin with 2 pull down beds and going upto 50 square feet larger cabin double bed and sofa that doubles as a bed for the kids to share is about £3000 for the 4 of us, is it worth the extra?

thanks richard

thanks for all the replies

the premium between a twin cabin with 2 pull down beds and going upto 50 square feet larger cabin double bed and sofa that doubles as a bed for the kids to share is about £3000 for the 4 of us, is it worth the extra?

thanks richard

Hi Richard

That's a hard one to answer. For us, it wouldn't be worth the extra and we'd put the £3k towards another cruise but for others it would be worth it.

I suppose it depends on how much time you'd spend in the cabin. As I said before we only use the cabin for sleeping and getting changed in but others like to relax on the balcony.

We've done 2 Caribbean cruises, one was the Aurora one I already mentioned and we had a balcony cabin with sofabed, the other cruise was 35 nights on Oriana in Feb this year in an inside cabin with the pull down beds. It was nice to have the balcony but we didn't miss it on Oriana and it meant that we were able to have another cruise later this year.

thanks for your all help debbie!

is there room in the inside cabins for your suitcases etc, does it get a bit crowded when your all getting ready!

thanks richard

we have just booked to go on aurora next year to norway got a good deal on balcony room with sofabed it was only about£20 dearer than outside cabin with pullman .if u book before end of june for next year it is double the amount of savings for balcony cabins so it might be worth checking this out .we had a pullman cabin last year but top bunk was left down all week ,dont know if this is the norm tried to put it up myself but it got stuck

Hi, we have always managed in a 4 berth cabin even though our 2 sons are both over 6 feet tall! However, on our first ever cruise I did get a shock at how small the cabin was and wondered how we would all fit in. There is a surprisingly large amount of storage space and our suitcases have always stored under the beds. The steward usually tidies the pulman berths away during the day but they are very easy to get out yourselves if the kids fancy a lie down. I think the hardest thing about 4 of us being in the same cabin is on an evening when we're all trying to get ready for dinner, however we soon get into a good routine and usually me and my husband get showered at the spa, to speed the process up. This year we're going for 2 cabins though, as couldn't get a cabin for 4. Our sons are now 16 and 13 though so I'm not too worried about them, but I think I will miss our chats in bed! Hope this info helps?

thanks for your all help debbie!

is there room in the inside cabins for your suitcases etc, does it get a bit crowded when your all getting ready!

thanks richard

Richard

There's plenty of room under the lower beds for cases but if you've got any that won't fit then your cabin steward will store them for you until it's time to pack for home.

We tend not to be getting ready at the same time. DD will switch between kids tea and coming to the restaurant with us (we always have second sitting) and we just make sure she's ready first and out of the way. Then it's only hubby and me, I get showered first and then get dressed as hubby is showering so it works out pretty well.

The teens and tweens normally have special dinners a couple of times during the cruise and generally don't want to come to dinner much anyway (DD only really likes coming to the formal nights especially if there's lobster on offer:D).

Archived