Photos specials on the Wonder

Crusin and lovin it

They do offer that special. We were just on the wonder a couple of weeks ago. They offer you the package as soon as you purchase any pictures at Shutters (or of course you could ask for it). They also allow you to purchase it and refund anything you don't use. We bought it but then changed our mind and only bought two pictures and they completely refunded the difference.

Kathy

We had a great time - the only issues we had were because we were traveling with an 18 month old and chose not to use the daycare. Big mistake! She wouldn't sit through a meal, and we spent all our time chasing her around the decks. We came back more tired than when we left!

We sat with people at dinner who had a 8 and 12 year old. The kids had a blast and couldn't stop talking about the activities, especially the younger one.

Everything was perfect Disney quality. Every time we asked to something out of the norm (ie have our wine package delivered to our room rather than have it with dinner, get our (already ordered) meal delivered to our room because of an unruly child) the answer was always "You can do whatever you want - this is your home". They handled everything just perfectly. Even just pulling up to the terminal to embark, they left no room for confusion, there was always someone there at your car window telling you what to do next or where to turn. Checking in and getting on the ship was also flawless, We got into the terminal and within minutes were on the ship.

The private island was the best! It wasn't crowded like other cruiselines' islands. It was beautiful! Also it is really convenient that the ship docks right at the island rather than having to tender over to it.

The only downside to Disney vs our last cruise (Norwegian) is that if you cannot make your assigned meals - the only other option is room service or a hamburger. Other cruises seem to have more meal options available at various times during the day. I guess most people don't have much of a problem with that, but we missed quite a bit of the scheduled stuff because of baby's naps and mood swings ;) . (You obviously won't have that problem)

We will definitely be going back - as soon as Sarah turns 3!

Enjoy your trip!

Kathy

I am not so sure about not having the mood swings our 11 year old is a girl. Thanks so much for the information. It really helps to hear stories from people who have gone on the cruises. We are going to Universal for two days before the cruise and then taking the Disney bus to the ship. We plan on being on the first bus out!

We are really excited! We are leaving our three year old home so that will be tough. What did you think of your cabin. We have a Deluxe outside stateroom with a window.

Cheryl

We drove down directly to the cruise - no land portion (we live in georgia) so I don't know much about the buses.

One note.. on the day you embark, you can get on the boat around noon (I think) but you can only get into your cabin at 1:30. You still may not get your bags for a while after that. The SMART people wore swim suits under their clothes (or brought them in carry on) so they could swim and have fun while the rest of us roasted in jeans waiting to get our bags and change. Doh!

We had a cabin with a verandah and LOVED it. As you can tell we spent a lot of time in the room due to naps etc. We got that room so that we could enjoy being outdoors while Sarah slept. The cabin was great! The two bathrooms are wonderful - one weird thing was you couldn't plug a hairdryer in in the bathroom - you have to use the outlets by the desk. Not a big deal - it just took a little trial and error to figure it out. There is lots of space for a cruise cabin.

I can share our vacation pictures with you if you let me know your email.

I'm klancy@adelphia.net.

Kathy

Archived