Thomson Dream Reviews/Questions

Having been so looking forward to our first cruise on Thomson Dream in October, I am now on the verge of cancelling due to all the negative reviews I have read. I have prebooked an outside plus cabin, no. 6151, with my husband and 9 year old daughter. Does anyone have any photographs of the cabins, is the A1 drinks package back to what was promised when I booked, is the evening entertainment suitable for kids, is the plumbing/sewage problem rectified yet? Are the excursions worth the money? . Is the food still poor? These reviews have spoiled something which I have looked forward to since I booked last August, as a combined 10th anniversary/husbands 50th birthday cruise so any advice, photos etc,. would be very much appreciated, booked on the Westerm Med cruise, Rome, Monte Carlo, Corsica etc.

progress.gif

Hi Marsie,

We were on her just over 3 weeks ago.

I've got pics of outside cabins, we were on Deck6 cabin 6024, it was lovely.

Best cabin we've ever had. Clean, comfy beds, loads of room. Ours was just a standard outside.

http://s727.photobucket.com/home/Cymro1953/allalbums

Just look under the Dream Western Med Cruise.

I've put the different parts of the ship in separate sections

the food wasn't bad, it was just the hot food was cold / lukewarm in the buffets when we were on her. But looking at recent returning comments this seems to have been sorted. It was a shame to see quality food wasted.

The food in the Orion restaurant was always hot, high quality and served on hot plates. We tried all mealtimes to check and it was always fine.

Can't comment on the all inclusive, but it is supposed to have been fixed by now.

We personally never had problems with the aircon, but some inside cabins did.

Also what was a big disappointment for a lot of people was that they'd been misled by their TA's and were told she was a brand new ship, not just a ship new to Thomson's.

Hope this helps a bit.

Berwyn

Hi please don't get dispondant. like you I almost cancelled after the first few reviews but I thought I would wait and see what the reviews were like until we had to pay the balance for our cruise on the dream which we are going on 31st August, They seem to be getting better to be honest I think thomson cannot afford for their flagship to continue to get bad reviews and this year has to be the absolute best to secure future bookings. I am going to trust them and see what happens I have sailed with thomson twice and they have never let me down. my husband never wanted to cruise but absolutely loves it and you forgive the little problems that you get because the overall holiday is usually terrific. So trust and if the reviews are still bad you have got until you need to pay the balance to make a decision and change ship if that that is what you want to do.

P.S.

Like Infoqueen we have sailed with Thomson's before and have already booked the Spirit for Red Sea Magic for next year. We did that after returning from the Dream cruise, so she can't have been that bad, otherwise DW would not have let me book her.

Berwyn

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for that...you have put my mind at rest a bit! I was reluctant to forfeit £400 deposit, but then again thought that the balance still to pay was hefty enough if reviews continued to be bad. Anyway as we are not going until October, will keep an eye on reviews.

Marsie

Hi Marsie,

Did you read my ship's review that I did on my return?

I forgot to mention the excursions, compared to other cruise lines they are very reasonable. Compared to the U.S. lines Thomson's are about 40% cheaper for the same excursion.

We did Cairo and Pyramids with Royal Caribbean last June from Alexandria £120 each. Exactly same excursion with Thomson's was £75 at the time.

If you're stopping in Villefranche for Monaco and Monte Carlo, you can do it on your own. the train station is not far from the port and it's only a few minutes on the train.

We did an excursion and it was £33 for 5 hour excursion there.

Rome is quite away from the port, we did the Colliseum and Rome excursion. it was the only one that took us inside it. We also saw the Ancient Roman Parts of the city, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. All walking once we got there, but it was great. No Vatican on this one. £72 for 10 hours. It's a long day.

Berwyn

Hi,

No I didnt see your review I don't think...just joined this forum and trying to navigate way round it but you have been a great help, thanks a lot. If anyone has any other relevant comments please feel post. We have booked an outside plus cabin with picture window, would be good to see photo of cabin. Cheers, Marsie

Hi,

No I didnt see your review I don't think...just joined this forum and trying to navigate way round it but you have been a great help, thanks a lot. If anyone has any other relevant comments please feel post. We have booked an outside plus cabin with picture window, would be good to see photo of cabin. Cheers, Marsie

Here it is Marsie,

Remember a few things have changed, like there will be plenty of staff on board, and the drinks back to normal and hot buffet food.

I was on the 1st full week's cruise on 27th April.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1195267

Berwyn

Archived