Lounge Chair Hogs Carnival Glory?

Redbird54

I disagree, the chair hogs are the self centered, immature sons of a guns that deserve to lose thier personal belongings and have to pay $20 + for the Carnival towels they lose. Maybe they can try being a little more considerate and then they wouldn't have to worry about being intimidated by someone 6'3" and 235 lbs.

Perhaps if one is still in high school.;);)

So your answer to the chair hogs is to intimidate them with your physical size?

i believe i used the words "politely", "discussing", "thoughtful". If you are intimidated by that, then so be it. Here's an idea, do not chair hog and you won't have any issues with ANYONE big or small. Chair hogs DESERVE what they get. No excuses. Hey, I'm an easy going guy until you push my buttons, then, and ONLY then will you have a problem on your hand. That's not intimidation, that's just the way it is. If more people stand up to hogs, the problem will stop. Its like the bully at school, stand up to him and he will run. Those of us capable of helping those who can't help themselves should help every single time and it WILL stop. Tbay-eh, I would be honored to stand in front of you ANYTIME.

Got off Glory 2 weeks ago, May 16th, and had not one problem with finding chairs or lounges. There seem to be plenty. Our group actually found a nice area up a level from pools that you could either sit in the shade or out in the sun. We loved it!

That's not where the chair hogs are a problem. The problem is around the pools. No one will argue you can find a chair on the deck above the pool. It's right next to the pool and the area around that where the chair hogs thrive. Funny thing is, unlike smuggling and other threads, the chair hogs never come out to defend their actions. LOL

I can find a chair up on another deck if necessary but the ones I feel sorry for are the families with young children who want to play in the pool for a good part of the day. The parent obviously needs to be there to watch the kids and not from another level. I bet you 90% of those beautiful bikinis and bathing suits you see never get wet unless splashed. Maybe if they had an area for families with kids it may get rid of some of the issues. Just saying and you definitely don't have to agree with me - as I know many won't

i believe i used the words "politely", "discussing", "thoughtful". If you are intimidated by that, then so be it. Here's an idea, do not chair hog and you won't have any issues with ANYONE big or small. Chair hogs DESERVE what they get. No excuses. Hey, I'm an easy going guy until you push my buttons, then, and ONLY then will you have a problem on your hand. That's not intimidation, that's just the way it is. If more people stand up to hogs, the problem will stop. Its like the bully at school, stand up to him and he will run. Those of us capable of helping those who can't help themselves should help every single time and it WILL stop. Tbay-eh, I would be honored to stand in front of you ANYTIME.

Then why mention that you are 6'3 235 lbs?;)

Went on a cruise a few years ago Carnival Victory and we had the same problem... People would claim them for a day. But, I was there to have fun on my first cruise so... I just took the chairs and put two together and sat in the sun and enjoyed the weather;)

Perhaps if one is still in high school.;);)

Not sure I understand your posts Husky61 - all that is being suggested is to move a chair hogs items so one can use the chair, and if the chair hog comes back and tries to re-claim "his" chair, say 'No'.

There are signs posted all over the place that you can't reserve chairs, I'm assuming it's in the Capers (it used to be). It's just common sense - if you're not using it, leave it for others to enjoy.

How do you suggest dealing with a deck full of empty chairs that you can't use because someone placed a towel on it ?

Not sure I understand your posts Husky61 - all that is being suggested is to move a chair hogs items so one can use the chair, and if the chair hog comes back and tries to re-claim "his" chair, say 'No'.

There are signs posted all over the place that you can't reserve chairs, I'm assuming it's in the Capers (it used to be). It's just common sense - if you're not using it, leave it for others to enjoy.

How do you suggest dealing with a deck full of empty chairs that you can't use because someone placed a towel on it ?

I was told by Tbay-eh to give it a rest and that's what I intended to do.;) I dislike chair hogs as much as the next person. I was only addressing the comments from one poster who made a point of his 6'2' and 235 lbs size when dealing with chair hogs. That's all.:):)

Why do people assume it's a problem with the ship? It's not a ship problem, it's a passenger problem. There's no way to predict if there will be a high number of chair hogs on any particular sailing of any particular ship. People need to deal. Either find an open chair, or if you can't, move someone's stuff who clearly isn't there. It's not rocket surgery, folks.

I was told by Tbay-eh to give it a rest and that's what I intended to do.;) I dislike chair hogs as much as the next person. I was only addressing the comments from one poster who made a point of his 6'2' and 235 lbs size when dealing with chair hogs. That's all.:):)

I think fbcoach was inferring that the cowardly chair hogs are less likely to mess with him at his size than someone that might be 5'11" and 175lbs, if and or when they show up to claim their chair. Fbcoach is not the one being juvenile, the chair hogs are the juvenile people in this whole scenario. IMHO

Thank you Socref124. You are completly correct. I will say it again, don't be a hog and you won't have ANY issues or problems in reguards to this mattter. Chair hoging is a form of bullying (imo). I am saying again that I will not take it, nor should anybody else

Thank you Socref124. You are completly correct. I will say it again, don't be a hog and you won't have ANY issues or problems in reguards to this mattter. Chair hoging is a form of bullying (imo). I am saying again that I will not take it, nor should anybody else

Spot on and still have your back

what I do is at breakfast I see the various people that have put stuff down at 630 am and planning on coming back after lunch....and I start re-arranging--switching people's stuff to sl different chairs etc--very entertaining when they come back after hours of "saving" the space.....

• 1 year later...

Take the hogs items to nearest crew member and tell them "I think somebody lost this".

Sit and enjoy. If confronted, stay seated offer your sincere apologies "Oh sorry, the wind must have blown the towel on to the deck".

Point them to lost and found. They probably won't bother you after that. Kill them with kindness.:D

I dont like chair hogs either... but I am one that likes to get up in the morning, lay by the pool, hop in the hot tub for a few, lay out for awhile , get back in the pool. you get my picture... So out of the last three cruises, when I went out in the morning, early...say 6:30 or 7 am, all the chairs by the pools were taken by things, not people.... one whole front row of chairs had things in them and were folded over, so frustrating... and throughout the day it was the same way... so... I was FORCED to be a dreaded chair hog on my last cruise... did I feel guilty??? yes... did I have a chair for the day? No, didnt keep it all day, but I did put my things on it first thing, went back to the cabin and showered, went and got breakfast, went back and enjoyed the hot tub and the pool.... GUILTY AS CHARGED..

...sorry.... I didn't like doing it, but hey, I paid for my vacation too... you know, I think that is the problem... so many chair hogs that people that arent normally hogs become hogs, so they can lounge by the pool too....

I don't have to have a chair by the pool, either. I like to leave those to the parents who have children in the pool. I like to be able to see the MUTS screen and hear the band, but other than that I am there for the sun and the DOD.

On the Magic last May we had problems finding them ANYWHERE. The people who parked their junk was mostly in the Serenity area. I never found a spot there. Found one alone up on top of Lido (Panorama?) but there were people walking around looking for chair hog towels to throw overboard.

Archived