HoHo Bus in Palma

Hi,

Just seen your thread, looking at doint the hoho bus myself, found a brochure, still not that clear! called Palma City Sightseeing.

It runs daily in the summer, costs about 13 euros, runs every 20-25mins from 9.30am.

Bit more difficult trying to find stops near cruise port. Most ships it seems come into Pelaires port and looking at the VERY SMALL writing on the map there is a stop just outside the terminal area, I hope there is cause I want to do it too!

Lets hope someone else can make it clearer for both of us:confused:

I could never figure out what a HoHo bus is while reading posts about it here. :confused:

Short for "hop on-hop off"; it's a tourist bus that stops at main tourist sites in a city, for a set price. You can ride it for the length of the ticket ... usually one day, but I think some sell multi-day passes, and get off and back on as you please. Here's a link to info on the Barcelona HoHo bus: http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelona-bus-tour.html

Now that I went to Palma on Saturday, I can answer my own question and hope it is helpful for anyone else visiting Palma and taking the "Hop On/Hop Off" City Sightseeing Tour Bus.

There is a bus stop right at the port as you exit the terminal. The "HOHO" bus is #50. Look for the red and white sign. You can pay the driver.

Here is more info about it: City Sightseeing Tour

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Now that I went to Palma on Saturday, I can answer my own question and hope it is helpful for anyone else visiting Palma and taking the "Hop On/Hop Off" City Sightseeing Tour Bus.

There is a bus stop right at the port as you exit the terminal. The "HOHO" bus is #50. Look for the red and white sign. You can pay the driver.

Here is more info about it: City Sightseeing Tour

I was just reading through this thread to see if someone answered you... and you did!:D

Thanks.

We rode the HoHo bus in Palma this past June, and would definately recommend it. There is no need to take the cruise ship shuttle when this bus stops just outside the terminal. We did and could have saved 10E each. Palma is a much larger city than I imagined, so riding the bus and getting off to explore worked great for us. The cathedral and Palace are the main attractions, but the HoHo bus takes you all the way up the hill to the castle as well. There is no way you can stroll that far.

Kathy

We rode the HoHo bus in Palma this past June, and would definately recommend it. There is no need to take the cruise ship shuttle when this bus stops just outside the terminal. We did and could have saved 10E each. Palma is a much larger city than I imagined, so riding the bus and getting off to explore worked great for us. The cathedral and Palace are the main attractions, but the HoHo bus takes you all the way up the hill to the castle as well. There is no way you can stroll that far.

Kathy

Thanks for the recent review, Kathy.

I've looked at the route (needed a magnifying glass:eek:), did you or anyone else here get off and walk between 2-3 stops along the way?

Would love to know which portion of the route might make for a nice walk between the stops.

• 1 year later...

Archived