For Mom's 80th

When my Dear Mom turned 75 I took her on her first cruise: NCL Spirit out of NY - Balcony room - loved everything ... the following April we took the Jewel out of Miami - 7 days - balcony - another perfect cruise ... then we did a 5 day Carnival cruise to Canada - balcony - great cruise - was not so fond of the other passengers & prefer freestyle ...

So for her 80th I wanted to take DM on an Alaskan Cruise in 2011 - I put down a deposit and told family & friends about the cruise - I had the dream that everyone could show up for her 80th ... Over a year out - no one was that into the idea (bunch of nuts not to love a cruise IMO) & now Mom does not want to fly from NY to Seattle .... so we can cruise out of NY but it just didn't seem special enough for her 80th ... I fixed that! :D

We are leaving out of NY on the Jewel on July 24, 2011 ~ I BOOKED US IN THE COURTYARD PENTHOUSE A4 !!!!! the hell with everyone else - lol - who needs them? I have you for this experience :) ~ This will be the nicest vacation to date I think - so excited

So Jewel Cabin 14014: the one question is what the extra bed is like?

DM will be 80 so I want her to have the master bedroom - but she says that with my size (big boy here) & because I am paying that I should have it - I hope that is our biggest concern

Pictures please if you have them - Thanks

We have a great time together - but I think I am screwed in that I might never want to do a reg balcony room again ... so I am trying to find a way to cruise in a reg balcony this summer as well - one last time before we become the other half lol

I haven't been on the Jewell , but we were in the courtyard on the Gem, and the A4 was a smaller cabin with no 2nd bedroom.. The A3s all had the 2nd bedroom, although it was very small, more designed for a child or two than an adult. I may be wrong here, but it would be awful to arrive and find you didn't have the cabin you were expecting!

Great gift for your Mom! I'm sure she will love it!

Maybe you can take turns in the master bedroom. :D

I wanted to book the Garden Villa on the Dawn for my Mom's 90th, but the same thing happened with people wanting to go and then they didn't when the time came. I did have 4, but needed 6 to make it affordable.

My 93 year old Aunt started packing as soon as I asked her though!!!

Have a wonderful time and a very happy birthday to your Mom!

Archived