Is the cruise sold out or not?

Booked on the Victory for the September 5th, 2010 sailing. Yesterday, when I checked for price drops, Carnival website only had suites left for that particular date. All the other categories said sold out. Today, when I checked again, all the categories had cabins again. Is the cruise sold out or not? I'm confused!

As an additional note, we booked early saver. That option is gone now, so I'm checking the regular rate, and the resident rate as well. This is our first Carnival cruise, so I don't have past guest as an option, and we aren't seniors, or military, so don't qualify for those either. Unless some more 8M cabins show up, my early saver is done. No more price drops for me!

Their site is kinda jacked up right now...

I'll have to agree with you! We aren't even at final payment yet, so that's why I thought it was odd that they were sold out. We don't sail until September, which to me, makes it even more confusing. I'll keep checking. Maybe by some miracle there will be a price drop. If not, oh well, I've tried!

OK, checked again, and now Carnival has only suites showing, all other categories sold out. I was curious and went to another site. The other site had cabins showing in all categories, so I think Carnival is messing with their website.

I've seen a couple other posts on this topic, so I'm not the only one checking and wondering what's going on. I hope they get it fixed.

I hope they are messed up cause our cruise went off the radar yesterday and didn't show at all. When it finally showed up today all 7C and all suites are not available (does not say sold out though as the whole category is not gone)

I keep checking as we are 3 weeks to final payment for our Sept cruise and there were a lot of coves showing available on Mon evening

I think the website is messed up. Yesterday it showed our Legend cruise for August had no cabins available. When I logged out of the site and tried to do a search for the same cruise it didn't show up at all.

Booked on the Victory for the September Th, 2010 sailing. Yesterday, when I checked for price drops, Carnival website only had suites left for that particular date. All the other categories said sold out. Today, when I checked again, all the categories had cabins again. Is the cruise sold out or not? I'm confused!

As an additional note, we booked early saver. That option is gone now, so I'm checking the regular rate, and the resident rate as well. This is our first Carnival cruise, so I don't have past guest as an option, and we aren't seniors, or military, so don't qualify for those either. Unless some more M cabins show up, my early saver is done. No more price drops for me!

Each ship has maximum numbers of passenger which is an entirely different number from the amount of cabins.. Carnival could have empty cabins, but still be at the Coast Guards' maximum for total passengers. Carnival claims to regularity sail at 105% of capacity.

It is not unusual for a large TA to have a lot of cabins saved... Let's say a TA had 10 quad cabins on reserve. If they relinquish them maybe 20 cabins could open up.

they have rooms "held" for travel agents, ect. like on my cruise, all 8Bs were gone and higher were available. today, 8b"s are back. about 8 of them. and my cruise isnt' until Oct.

Archived