Parking at port of Miami

I have been searching for the best price for parking at the port of Miami. I can see that for $20.00/day that I can park at the port. I found United Airport Parking for about half the price. I am interested if anyone has ever parked there and how was the shuttle service? Any advice or other suggestions would be helpful.

This'll be my first time going out of Miami. Do they accept a credit card at the port, or should I have a "cash envelope" ready for parking?

$140 is a huge amount for a week's parking. I need to investigate our options.

This'll be my first time going out of Miami. Do they accept a credit card at the port, or should I have a "cash envelope" ready for parking?

$140 is a huge amount for a week's parking. I need to investigate our options.

They do take plastic. And it does not have to be wrapped around a stack of cash.:D

Some of the hotels will let you leave your car at the htel for free if you have a night's stay with them. They also have a free shuttle to the port. Getting back to the hotel is on your nickel. La Quinta by the airport is one. May not be the best hotel in the world but the savings made it worth it.

The last time we sailed out of the port of Miami we used United Airport Parking. Yes, it was half the price but to my mind it was not worth the headache. The parking garage was about a mile or so from the port, our reservation was for 10:00 a.m. We arrived at the alloted time and was told by the parking attendent we could not park until after 11:00 and to turn around and drive around Miami for and hour. There were many parking places in the cruise section of the lot (not covered) so we went ahead and parked.We could not board one of the several shuttles until after 11:00. When we got to the port the driver said something that caused me to ask some questions. He told me he could not guarantee the safety of our vehicle and that it might be towed. When we boarded the ship, I emailed the main company (they sublease they parking garages and are not on the property themselves) advised them of the experiences we encountered when getting to the lot at the pre-registered time and the statements and the name of the driver. We had an eamil back prior to sailing that said our car would be properly taken care of and would not be towed. We were gone for 15 days, when we returned, we along with several other couples found the United Parking shuttle, who refused to take all the people and luggage back to the parking garage. So the men took the shuttle while we women waited at the port with all the luggage. There was no damage to our car but it was on our minds while we were sailing. Pay the money to the port and enjoy your cruise.

Archived