Embarcation and Vancouver

Mimi47

We are going to Alaska on our first Celebrity cruise which leaves from Vancouver. We booked our air with Celebrity which includes the transfer to the port. Is it possible to leave the ship after the formal embarcation and security in order to have lunch with friends on shore before the Millenium sails?

We had a difficult time embarking in Vancouver earlier this year for a HAL cruise. Despite having priority boarding, it took us an hour and a half to get on and it took others much longer. If yours is the only ship in port, things should ge quickly though.

We are going to Alaska on our first Celebrity cruise which leaves from Vancouver. We booked our air with Celebrity which includes the transfer to the port. Is it possible to leave the ship after the formal embarcation and security in order to have lunch with friends on shore before the Millenium sails?

I wouldn't recommend it. Embarcation in Vancouver is hell. You don't want to stand in that line more than once. Why not just check in your bags with the longshoremen when you get there, go and have lunch with your friends, and then get in the line from hell. You might want to drink a lot at lunch so you'll be feeling no pain. It's that bad. I just endured it May 14 and I swore I'd never sail from Vancouver again.

I'm with Happy Cruiser - I was in that line on May 14 and completely agree. The security people there said that with three ships in port, there would be no time that day when the line would be better. Maybe it would be better with fewer ships, but I like your plan best. Checking bags in was quick and easy.

Well, now I'm curious as to how many cruise ships will be in port the day we embark in Vancouver. I seem to recall that there is a website with schedules for various ports, but now I can't find it. Anyone know?

Well, now I'm curious as to how many cruise ships will be in port the day we embark in Vancouver. I seem to recall that there is a website with schedules for various ports, but now I can't find it. Anyone know?

Just go to the Port of Vancouver website (Google it). Also works for any other port. The information on the port websites is more accurate than the information on websites that purport to consolidate that information.

Thank you, Linda! I was trying to find the schedule by searching for Canada Place ... but found it right away under Port of Vancouver. I am happy to see that on my date the Millennium appears to be the sole ship in port. Hopefully embarkation will not be as hectic as others have described.

We also boarded the Millenium on May 14th and waited in long lines with three ships in port. I believe that the Millenium (or other Celebrity ships) usually depart from Ballantyne pier. But with this pier closed at present, all ships are leaving from Canada Place and causing this frustration with embarkation.

Archived