Today's Price Drop - C3 Concierge Class vs 2D Veranda Obstructed View

Gala

Hello!

Thanks to Cruise Critic forum I have become aware of today's price drop (at least for my future sailing; Equinox Mar 21, 2011). I was wondering though -- is there any reasonable explanation for the C3 Concierge Class cabins on Deck 10 being cheaper than even 2D Obstructed View Verandas on Deck 6? (not to mention Veranda cabins on decks 7-9).

Thanks,

Gala

Celebrity Millenium East Caribbean Apr 2006

Star Princess West Caribbean Apr 2007

Navigator of the Seas New England and Canada Oct 2007

Celebrity Millenium Caribbean Apr 2008

Explorer of the Seas Caribbean Nov 2008

Celebrity Equinox Panama Canal and South America Mar 2011

How did you find out about the dope on Cruise Critic? Can I sign up for my upcoming cruise?

I was just looking through the latest postings on this board, and one of them happened to mention a price drop (thank you, Alsmez). So I went ahead and checked the prices for my particular cruise on Celebrity website and sure enough, they went down a bit. I was able to move our cabin several decks higher, getting unobstructed view + some Concierge class niceties, AND saving a bit of money in the process - amazing!!:)

I am going to transfer my reservation from X to a big online TA, which will allow me to get another $300+ in OBC. I am sooooo grateful to Cruise Critic and Fellow Cruisers for sharing wealth of info, including excellent money-saving tips. I had no idea about OBC's (or even what OBC stood for:-) despite 5 past cruises booked through my TA - whom, I thought, was a great TA based on her service and attention, but somehow she has never even mentioned anything about any OBC possibility...

Good luck to everyone and happy cruising

Gala

Celebrity Millenium East Caribbean Apr 2006

Star Princess West Caribbean Apr 2007

Navigator of the Seas New England and Canada Oct 2007

Celebrity Millenium Caribbean Apr 2008

Explorer of the Seas Caribbean Nov 2008

Celebrity Equinox Panama Canal and South America Mar 2011

If you purchased travel insurance when you booked (or shortly after), be sure to ask for a partial refund. We went from 2B to C3 and saved $460, then saved $65 on our Travel Guard insurance policy. That's more than $500 in savings for a few minutes spent monitoring prices on Celebrity and making a few phone calls. I was already excited about booking the cruise; now I'm really happy! Next is shopping agencies for OBC if I transfer the booking.

I would love to know that name of this TA

Thanks,

Moni

Moni, while it is against this forum's rules to give any TA referrals, you might want to look at the following thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1199766&highlight=how+much+did+you+get+obc

Personally, I learned everything I wanted to know about this matter right there! Again, THANK YOU to everyone who shared their experience.

Gala

Archived