Spirit to Alaska Review With Pics

You are doing an awesome review! I am loving the pictures and your writing. :)

ps...I'm hoping you do a review of the Imagination since we will be on her in Oct.

Thanks again. I actually was on Imagination for the four day cruise last August. It was my first solo cruise and I am doing the exact same thing again this August. I found all her upgrades to be really nice. She is a good ship.

Thank you for taking the time to post such an in depth and fantastic review of your trip. We are going on the Spirit to Alaska in September for my Husbands first ever cruise and your review has really helped to give him an idea on what to expect.

LeeLee:)

Thanks for continuing! We fly out Monday so I keep checking your review every few hours. I appreciate all of the advice you are offering.

No problem. Saturday is always hectic as I work all day long. I picked up a long shift tomorrow as well so I won't get much done on the review before you leave. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try an answer them.

I have enjoyed reading your review so far.

We will be in Skagway later this summer and have only about one hour extra for hiking. Which of the hikes did you find most scenic? If possible, we would like to do the more strenuous one, since we're coming with a teen and a preteen and would like the exercise, but scenery would be our priority.

I have enjoyed reading your review so far.

We will be in Skagway later this summer and have only about one hour extra for hiking. Which of the hikes did you find most scenic? If possible, we would like to do the more strenuous one, since we're coming with a teen and a preteen and would like the exercise, but scenery would be our priority.

Well if you only have an hour you are kind of limited. You could get up to Lower Dewey Lake since it really isn't that far. It has some steep incline to it at parts. However, there isn't some big scenic moment waiting for you. If you can make it over to the other side and do the walks out to Yukatania Point and Smiggler's Cove you will get some great views. However, that really isn't too strenuous.

Here is the PDF format trail guide that I had printed out. It is very helpful. Your problem is going to be the limited time

http://www.skagway.com/skagwaytrailmap.pdf

Absolutely wonderful review ! Can't wait to read more ! I just got back on the 11th and in comparing these two trips...it just goes to show that Alaska is place where you can go and have "different" vacations every time ! It's a beautiful place...and just one piece of the "paradise" puzzle.

Love the review. We did the NCL Star last July and also had to bypass Sawyer Glacier to go to Dawes Glacier. I wondered how your parents enjoyed Carnival after being used to NCL. We are long time Carnival fans and really didn't care for the food on NCL or the whole "freestyle dining". We would love to do the Spirit!

Thanks again for a wonderful review!

Did you get off of the boat in Victoria? Any recommendations?

Victoria is kind of a funny story that I will get to. I know it seems like a drag to get off on the last night, but the city is absolutly beautiful. It is worth a quick tour.

Tiggerman, I love your review! You mentioned that they still have VCRs in the rooms. :eek: Is there a VCR library or do you need to bring your own?

They only have VCRs in suites. The only time I ever had one in a non-suite was on the Freedom. We were in an Aft Wrap Around cabin and they had a DVD/VCR combo machine in it. No they did not provide a VCR library (as far as I know. I didn't ask).

I too am enjoying your review and will be sailing in 2 weeks. Im looking forward to it. ONe question. Were u able to use your Cell phone without extra roaming charges? Thanks!

Yes if you have nationwide roaming, Alaska is part of US but service is spotty at times due to the vastness of the Land.

We went to Alaska in 2006 and LOVED it.

Thanks Tiggerman for posting this review. DH and I will go back to Alaska one day. :D

Archived