Unpacking aboard the Solstice: doing B2B Voyages and need HELP!

Sailfish

Elena (or anyone else)

Are there hooks on the inside of the bathroom doors for the bathrobes? That's where we've kept them on all of our previous cruises?

Thanks

Yes there are. We use the bathroom door hooks for our robes too and free up space in the closet.

Sheila

Elena (or anyone else)

Are there hooks on the inside of the bathroom doors for the bathrobes? That's where we've kept them on all of our previous cruises?

Thanks

Yes there are. We use the bathroom door hooks for our robes too and free up space in the closet.

Sheila

Thanks for the response. I couldn't figure out why Elena sent them back.

(This is for the Solstice, right?)

On our February cruise on Solstice we also had hooks outside the bathroom on the wall opposite it. The robes were on those hooks on the wall. This was a concierge cabin, but I don't think there is much difference. We did a poker crawl with our rollcall and saw all the cabin classes except for PH, CS and RS. Except for the SS, all were the same size.

There were three of us women in the cooncierge cabin.:eek: It was tight, but we were able to make it work and had all our stuff put away. :) Two of us DID use the suitcase under the bed as a pull-out drawer. I also took a pack of wire hangers to use and left them. The cruisers before us had done the same, so we had lots of hangers.

Just don't want you stressing about space. You will find enough and you will be able to make it work. Have a wonderful cruise!:D

Doris

Here's the laundry price list:

spacer.gif

Are onboard laundry services available?

Subject: Ship and Stateroom Details

Regular Service - Next Day

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Next Day

Same Day Service - Add 50% Express Service Surcharge

Picked up before 9:00 a.m., returned Same Day

Laundry Services

LadiesGentlemenDress $5.50Trousers $3.75Skirt $2.75Shorts $2.50Slacks $3.25Sport Shirt $2.75Blouse $3.25Regular Shirt $2.75Blazer $4.25Formal Shirt $3.50Sweater $2.75Under Shirt $1.00Pajamas $3.25Under Shorts $1.00Night Gown $3.25T-Shirt $2.25Slip $1.50Pajamas $3.50Brassiere $1.50Handkerchief $0.75Panties $1.00Sweater $2.75Hosiery $1.00Socks $1.00Handkerchief $0.75Sweatshirt $2.50Bathing Suit $1.75Bathing Suit $1.75Sports Shirt $2.75Shorts $2.50Socks $1.00Sweatshirt $2.50

Dry-Cleaning Services

LadiesGentlemenSuit $7.00Suit $7.00Dress $6.00Sport Jacket $5.50Slacks $3.25Sport Shirt $2.75Skirt $4.50Tuxedo Jacket $6.00Blouse $3.75Vest $3.50Blazer $5.00Shirt $3.50Slacks $4.50Trousers $4.00Evening Gown $7.50Tie $2.00Silk Blouse $5.50Sweater $3.50Scarf $1.50

Pressing Services

LadiesGentlemenSuit $3.50Suit $3.50Blazer $2.50Sport Jacket $2.50Slacks $2.25Tuxedo Jacket $3.00Skirt $2.50Trousers $2.25Blouse $2.25Sport Shirt $1.50Shirt $1.75Regular Shirt $2.00Dress $3.75Formal Shirt $2.50Evening Gown $4.50Vest $1.75Silk Blouse $2.75

• Special articles of apparel such as silks, flannel trousers, woolens and other items which are difficult to clean are accepted for laundering only at owner's risk
  • Items marked "DRY CLEAN ONLY," should NOT be laundered
  • In case of loss or damage, liability is limited to ten times the prices charges for laundry/pressing of said article. Not responsible for shrinkage, fastness of colors, zippers, buttons and ornaments, or ordinary wear and tear in pressing, or anything left in pockets of garments
  • All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without further notice.

Not sure how others see this, but I think the cost to send off laundry is HIGH - I am not sure it would offset the cost of that extra checked bag, in my opinion. Thanks for posting this, as I am rethinking how I pack and what I am going to take. I don't normally pack for a cruise like I do when I travel internationally, but may have to for this cruise.

When I travel to Asia or Europe or go on a diving liveaboard, I pack mostly synthetics - stuff I can rinse out in the sink that will dry very fast. I am generally a cotton and natural fabric person, so I hate synthetic underwear, nighties,tee shirts, shorts, etc. But when I travel, I have no choice but to take these types of items - they weigh less, they don't wrinkle and most importantly, they dry fast.

Honestly, the last thing I was planning to do was laundry while on the cruise, but I also can see myself spending close to $100 on laundry during my 14 night voyage. So, maybe I have to rethink what I take and even consider taking that extra suitcase (even if I have to store it under the bed filled with clothes).

The first week, I will spend scuba diving in each port with my group - so my day time attire for four days will consist of nothing more than a sun dress pulled over my bathing suit. Once I get back on the ship, I'll manage with a few more sundresses and shorts. The second week will be somewhat different - short visits to three ports, with lots of time enjoying what the ship has to offer.

Oh well - we all have a way of making it work. Thanks.

Suzi

Thanks for the response. I couldn't figure out why Elena sent them back.

(This is for the Solstice, right?)

Yes, this is for the Solstice. There is lots of closet space on M-class ships.

I was only thinking about freeing up available space in the Solstice closet when I mentioned the robes. Those plush AQ robes take up more than 8" in the closet.

Of course, this is just a personal thing, but we send them back because we don't like super-thick robes, such as the ones in CC/AQ. I am short and feel like a Polar Bear :p. Both my DH and I wear very light robes that we bring with us, and those I do hang on the door in the Solstice bathroom.

Just to say that we came back off the Eclipse yesterday, and found that the storage space was fine for our 11 days, and would definitely have been ok for a few more. The wardrobe/closet holds much more than I thought. We had 12 hangers each and I put two garments on each one without creasing. The big box over the bed will take everything that you store folded like t shirts, tops, shorts and trousers; I also had my accessories and undies in packing bags up there. My shoes went into the bottom of the closet with no problems. I can't say that I travelled light, but it all vanished quite happily into the various cupboards and drawers, and we even had unused space!

Enjoy your cruise.

We are just off the Eclipse (14 nights) and had no problems with storage at all and we didn't travel light!

My husband wore full Highland dress, that alone takes up a lot of room! I had long formal dresses, we took two jackets each. Clothing suitable for warm and cold weather. Clothes for everyday and for each evening.

We were actually away for 3 weeks in total and I unpacked everything

The wardrobe has two sets of rails that you can pull down so plenty of hanging space for long and short items.

The two storage cupboards over the bed are huge and ideal for folded items.

Also there are five drawers and a small dresser drawer and lots of small niches for bits and pieces.

We plan a B2B2B (23 nights) later this year and aren't worried at all about the storage :)

Kaleidoscope,

I know I shouldn't get off topic but how was she??? (the Eclipse that is!):rolleyes:

She was absolutely stunning. I don't have a great deal to compare her with, as I have only been on QM2 before, but I loved Eclipse. The staff managed a great balance of efficiency, friendliness and good humour, the food was fabulous (Blu, Moonlight Sonata, Qsine and Tuscan Grille), and we found plenty to do on both sea and port days. Thanks to the Solstice Cabin thread, we managed to snag a hump balcony with extra space, stopping my husband from freaking out through having to stand too close to the edge. ;) Picking up new brochures tomorrow so we can book her again. :D

She was absolutely stunning. I don't have a great deal to compare her with, as I have only been on QM2 before, but I loved Eclipse. The staff managed a great balance of efficiency, friendliness and good humour, the food was fabulous (Blu, Moonlight Sonata, Qsine and Tuscan Grille), and we found plenty to do on both sea and port days. Thanks to the Solstice Cabin thread, we managed to snag a hump balcony with extra space, stopping my husband from freaking out through having to stand too close to the edge. ;) Picking up new brochures tomorrow so we can book her again. :D

Awesome! Wasn't that Solstice thread amazing! We too were able to grab a hump balcony which (supposedly) is the largest! Whoohoo! Can't wait...just two more cruise to get thru til that one!:p

We are just off the Eclipse (14 nights) and had no problems with storage at all and we didn't travel light!

My husband wore full Highland dress, that alone takes up a lot of room! I had long formal dresses, we took two jackets each. Clothing suitable for warm and cold weather. Clothes for everyday and for each evening.

We were actually away for 3 weeks in total and I unpacked everything

The wardrobe has two sets of rails that you can pull down so plenty of hanging space for long and short items.

The two storage cupboards over the bed are huge and ideal for folded items.

Also there are five drawers and a small dresser drawer and lots of small niches for bits and pieces.

We plan a B2B2B (23 nights) later this year and aren't worried at all about the storage :)

Just curious. Does the Solstice have this also? That would give a LOT more hanging storage!

Archived