Scuba or not?

Hi all,

We are on the Legend this Aug. and are thinking about diving. We've only been once before (last year) and it was a basic resort dive. The operator there was great (Playa del Carmen, can't recall the exact name) and they really held our hands so to speak. It was just DH and I and dive master.

I'm a little nervous about going again as I don't remember hand signals, etc.

Also, it seems like it will be time consuming and I am not sure if I want to spend my entire day diving.

Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize.

Since you said you took a resort dive, assume that means you are not certified to dive? If so, you will be only be able to take another resort dive. I would run far away from a place that would take an an uncertified person out on a 'real' dive.

Hi, sorry, yes I am not certified. They called it a "resort" dive, meaning for newbies. Quick intro and then short dive in shallow area. I think 40 ft. tops. But not positive on that one.

I think we will go on another one, but another newbie one of course. We aren't so interested in certifying, we live in Colo. and would take dives maybe once per year.

The ship offers $99 per person for Grand Cayman, should I opt for a dive company or just for convenience go with the ship?

Hi, sorry, yes I am not certified. They called it a "resort" dive, meaning for newbies. Quick intro and then short dive in shallow area. I think 40 ft. tops. But not positive on that one.

I think we will go on another one, but another newbie one of course. We aren't so interested in certifying, we live in Colo. and would take dives maybe once per year.

The ship offers $99 per person for Grand Cayman, should I opt for a dive company or just for convenience go with the ship?

My husband did the resort dive certification in Puerto Vallarta a couple years ago. Then he came home and went to a dive shop locally to get fully certified (Christmas present from my mom/dad and me last year). He brought his PADI card along with him and was able to dive on our last trip to Cancun.

We'll be using The Dive Bus in Curacao based upon reviews on these boards. Maybe check the Grand Cayman and other port areas of this boards.

Have fun!!

Archived