Rental Car Center at MIA

shoppgirl

I have read online that MIA is building a new central car rental facility that is supposed to be done by May. Does anyone know if it is up and running yet? We have a car rental reservation at the MIA Budget office, and I would much prefer to pick it up here than at the office located off site from MIA. If something happens with Budget and our car is not available for whatever reason, then I would have the option of walking next door to another company to rent a car. I think the MIA Budget office is located in the middle of nowhere, and once you're there, you're committed!

What is the most economical way of getting 8 people to MIA's Budget rental facility? I have read posts that a flat rate fee to MIA via taxi is $24 from POM...does that apply to the car rental office, or do you think that trip would be metered since we're not technically at the airport?

Thanks for any info/suggestions

I have read online that MIA is building a new central car rental facility that is supposed to be done by May. Does anyone know if it is up and running yet?

Ok, well I guess that answers a question for me...I was wondering if there was a rental car shuttle from MIA to the airport. We were going to rent a car at FLL when we arrived on Friday, and return it to the airport and take a shuttle to POM. Apparently that can be done?

Archived