Views flying from Seattle to Fairbanks?

NHsnowpup

OK, haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, yet. I fly with my nose pressed against the window and camera in hand, trying to figure out where I am the whole way. What is the typical flightpath going direct from Seattle to Fairbanks, Alaska Airlines? I.e., do they usually follow the coast and then cut inland or totally inland? Do you get some good mountain views, coastline? Which side if any, can you get a peek at Denali coming up to Fairbanks? Thanks so much to everyone for being such good share-ers.

OK, haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, yet. I fly with my nose pressed against the window and camera in hand, trying to figure out where I am the whole way. What is the typical flightpath going direct from Seattle to Fairbanks, Alaska Airlines? I.e., do they usually follow the coast and then cut inland or totally inland? Do you get some good mountain views, coastline? Which side if any, can you get a peek at Denali coming up to Fairbanks? Thanks so much to everyone for being such good share-ers.

I believe the flights hug the coast for a little while and then head inland, towards Whitehorse, and turn west towards F'banks. You won't see Denali. The only time we've seen Denali from the air is on F'banks to Anchorage (and vice versa) flights.

Sit on the right side of the plane (D-E-F) for the best views. You'll fly along British Columbia and SE Alaska and the mountains of South Central Alaska. The views can be spectacular, particularly if the weather cooperates.

• 2 years later...

Thought I'd check back in and let you know what views you do get. We flew Seattle direct to Fairbanks on Alaska Air.

DSC_0470-1.JPG

DSC_0474.JPG

DSC_0475.JPG

DSC_0476.JPG

DSC_0481.JPG

Hubby asked when he woke up, "how was your view? get any good shots?" I'd say it was one of my top 10 favorite "excursions" of the trip

Archived