Fantasy Reviews

mistory

We just sailed on the Fantasy...but sadly, I am just not a picture taker.

I always take the camera but it rarely comes out of the bag????

The good news is that we had a great time. It is a good size ship. (not to big...not to small)

There is an Adult Serenity area AFT on Deck 9. Lido is deck 10 ( which confused me because we have been sailing on the Fantasy since 2003 and Lido had always been Deck 9)

Deck 3 is the crew area (that used to be deck 0).

Embarkation make take a little longer. Charleston has not purchased the 3 million dollar gangplank yet that would allow passengers to board on Deck 7 (Atrium) ....so you have to embark on Deck 3.

This means that most people will have to take the elevator up (since they have carry on luggage with them). There are stairs for those really in good shape. This will slow things down a bit.

The food was fine. You will have Pizza and Deli (and a bar) across the back of Lido AFT. There is a center service station for salads and fruit. And several dessert stations.

You will have several buffet lines on either side of Lido. There are hamburgers, hot dogs and grilled chicken breast out by the pool.

Next to that is roast chicken and mashed potatos (very good) and next to that is the Wok...which I loved.

Service was great. Music Highlights was the band in the cover lounge on Promenade. They are really good.

Rick should be in the piano bar. He was signing on as we were getting off in Mobile...so I have never heard him. Go give him a listen....

Hope you have a wonderful cruise...

What....no mention of KARAOKE?

I am so worried about you now.

I did not know you were allowed to discuss a cruise without saying Karaoke and the host.

:D

JB

Just wondering why it seems all the detailed reviews with pictures are hardly ever for the Fantasy? I'm sitting and waiting but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for one. :(

When is your cruise? I'll be leaving on Fantasy on Saturday, June 5th returning June 11th and I intend to take lots of lots of pictures of the Fantasy.

When is your cruise? I'll be leaving on Fantasy on Saturday, June 5th returning June 11th and I intend to take lots of lots of pictures of the Fantasy.

Mine not until July 30th. I did a review on my first and only cruise so far. I'm waiting for the 5/23 crew to come back. Some promised great reviews. :rolleyes: Just wondering why there were so many for the bigger ships and not the smaller ones. I've been on the Fantasy before but that was wayyy before the new refurb.

Can't wait to see your pictures!!!

I have over 200

When you go to this link...

go to "Crusing"

and you will find plenty of pics showing all the upgrades

that were made...

This is from Oct. 2008 (a Halloween Cruise as you can see)

and it was just a couple of months after the dry dock.

enjoy.

JB

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab275/jabee56/Oct%202008%20Fantasy/

What....no mention of KARAOKE?

I am so worried about you now.

I did not know you were allowed to discuss a cruise without saying Karaoke and the host.

:D

JB

LOL

That is only because I knew that Megan (the karaoke host) was getting off with us....so I don't know who the KH is.

She was a hoot....

If someone can help me figure out how to post the photos. I have a ton of them form our cruise this past March. This ship was smaller than my husband and I are used to but not terrible for a 5 day. The decor was nice.

Archived